Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading in my 06 600rr for a 1000rr. My question is this.. Is it worth it? I mean I'm not gonna go to the track and race but I do love being a hooligan and tearing **** up on back cury roads and doing some wheelies. I've road some older 954's and gsxr 750s but never a 1000. I mainly do city driving as I use my bike to commute to work, 45 to 60 mph roads and some 30mph driving as well. Would you guys recomend trading in the 600 for the 1000? How different is the 1000 in the corners and is weight that noticable? i'm 6 foot 6 and 190lbs. Thanks for the advise.

C

·
0 Posts
They CAN BE EVEN MORE SCARY FAST THAN THE 600...
How good are you at riding the 600? Do a trackday and find out!

·
Banned
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh my bad. I was offered a really good trade in price on my 06 that has 2,200 miles for a 05 1000rr that has 1,800 miles on it. I'm considering going back to school for my masters degree and commuting to our state college thats 45 miles away and I thought that the 1000 might be better. Since my bike is geared now it revs out rather high at 80mph as with the 1000 I woudnt ever need to gear it prolly. Plus my bike is red and I wanted black and the 1000 is black lol.

·
Banned
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have done a few track days on my old 600. I had a 04rr and It was fun but not for me since i'm so damn tall I just dont feel right doing it. I'm sure I'll do some more some day. I can throw my 600 around really good and i'm wondering if i'm gonna loose that if I move up to a liter bike.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
ok, thats 1.5 good reasons...

i dunno dude, theyre ridiculously faster and you wont know it till its too late...

but if u want to, do it.. just be carfeul... and dont jump on it and expect it to handle like your 600

C

·
0 Posts
cp3823, I'd get the 06-07 year if you do get one. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. You should be okay. See ya over on 1000RR .net!

·
Banned
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah I dont expect it to handle like a 600 but other than being super scary fast do you handle alot like a 600? I mean I dunno. I'm happy now with my bike so guess the question is what is the downside to getting a 1000?

·
19,904 Posts
Worse gas mileage?
not really man...

what is the difference between the older 1000's and the 06-07's ?
supposedly more aerodynamic plastic...
3% more power
a little lighter
shorter wheelbase
shorter rake
bigger front brakes by 10mm
a smaller lighter rear caliper
noticeably improved rear suspension, and slightly better sprung front.
raised rev limit
higher cr ratio

thats all i can think of, they basically made a sharper lighter, slightly faster bike.

C

·
0 Posts
That new 08 is going to be the bomb though...

(gas comment was a joke)

·
19,904 Posts
just be careful man, theyre a handful

·
Banned
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats kinda what I figured. I'm gonna check out some dealers around here Illinois and see what I can find. I'd love to get an all back one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts