Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An average bottle of water is roughly 16 oz. and with tax cost about $1.07. If gas were priced as high as drinking water it would be about $8.65 a gallon. This would mean an average 10gallon tank fill would run you about $85 bucs. Water takes way less refinement, is in far more abundance than water, and is local. I am not trying to start any arguments but am merely informing people to not be so quick to buy into the media [email protected]#t. Think for yourself and look at the big picture. We don't all have to be sheep.

C

·
0 Posts
Gas IS expensive RELATIVELY speaking. Though interesting, I don't think the comparison you made has much significance. You cant say that gas is not more expensive than it has been. You dont buy water with as much regularity. The occasional $1 for a bottle of water is insignificant since is is usually bought one at a time out of a vending machine or convenience store. When you have to fill up a 15 gallon tank, a $.50 increase in the price becomes significant very quickly. Just my two cents. Of course it is open to debate.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point

I do agree that the comparison is a bit of a stretch. but it gets you thinking, which was the point i was trying to make. Some people get it some don't. Gas is way more expensive than its been in the past. I love my bike. Have you seen how much gas is in Japan? Wonder how much thier water is. LOL.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
CorleoneRR, I agree totally. Water is something that you dont have to by at the store to live. Now before everyone starts I do realize that water is something that you need in you house, apt., or whatever but the cost of this is way lower than the costs of bottled water and I do see the point that nate is trying to make. Now I know alot of people say just use public transportation, which would be better for the enviroment, but riseing gas prices will cause the cost of this transportation to rise as well. Now I know for one that I can skip on buy bottled water, which matter of fact I never buy anyway. One thing is for sure unless you buy a good pair of walking shoes you will not avoid the gas prices no matter how you choose to get around the city. I have read studies of company's going back to old oil sites and they are refilling themselves. So why arent we retapping these sorces? And its time to tell the tree/bunny huggers to shut up and step aside so we get to some more of that oil in Alaska. Not trying to start a heated debate about this, but its time to start doing something or else we are just going to keep getting screwed, plain and simple!

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
want to talk about expensive..

ink for your printers cost around $30 for like 5 ounces.. lets compute that into gas.. It would cost unreal amounts to fill your gas tank with ink from printers..

ANOTHER WAY WE ARE GETTING SHAFTED BY MR. GATES!!!

friggen pack of 10 pens cost like 99 cents!!

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
yeah my friend races Pro Street in the DIRT circuit (dirt oval track racing).. he runs a 355 C.I Chevy motor and has to run SUNOCO Race Fuel at $6 a gallon..

by the way his fuel cell holds 22 gallons!!!....

OUCHHHHHH!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Think how much it costs for a gallon of milk... Gas just seems expensive :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
SDCBR600RR said:
Don't care, We bombed 2 oil countries already, how many more do we have to bomb before we see a price reduction? 2.58 a gallon for premium where I'm at. When did I get teleported to Europe is my question....
people jumping on the bandwagon... :roll:

We dont get a majority of our oil from middle eastern countries, in fact, we get more from south america than we do from the middle east.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You guys are lucky !! Where I live (Northern Ireland) , gas is $1.65 (£0.90) for 1 litre. .That's close to $30 to fill the tank !!
And it rains all the time :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gas Prices vs ?

People have been complaining about the rising price of gasoline recently, but I have always thought that gas was a good value (especially if you were to take the $0.30, $0.40 per gallon tax off at the pump)! Obviously others need a little convincing. So the article in this week's "Autoweek" magazine brought it all to light.
What if you were to buy a gallon of . . .

- Diet Snapple 16 oz for $1.29 = $10.32 per gallon
- Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz for $1.19 = $9.52 per gallon
- Gatorade 20 oz for $1.59 = $10.17 per gallon
- Ocean Spray 16 oz for $1.25 = $10.00 per gallon
- Quart of Milk 16 oz for $1.59 = $6.32 per gallon
- Evian (water) 9 oz for $1.49 = $21.19 per gallon
- STP Brake Fluid 12 oz for $3.15 = $33.60 per gallon
- Vicks Nyquil 6 oz for $8.35 = $178.13 per gallon
- Pepto Bismol 4 oz for $3.85 = $123.20 per gallon
- Whiteout 7 oz for $1.39 = $254.17 per gallon
- Scope 1.5 oz for $0.99 = $84.84 per gallon
You get the idea. So next time you're at the pump,
be glad your car doesn't run on Nyquil or Scope or Whiteout!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts