Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after talking to my mom I told her that I wanted a bike and she said there where to dangrous blah blah balh..... So convinced her the they are not that dangrous. Well she said that she would buy me one on January if I get a $2000 down payment and I already have a $1000 so all I need is $1000 more and I am getting that money on December. One of the main reasons I am getting the bike is because of the the pu$$y it will get me in school. I am 16 will be 17 in Feb. I just cant wait.

Oh, yeah and I do have experiance in riding I had a ninja 250r

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
she's right....they're too dangerous...don't get one :bitchslap:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
yup...gotta be quick

ALF rocks!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
hahahahaahah

i notice something rather funny.

you mention that you had experience on a ninja 250 right....

well......... now you want an 05 RR because it will get you Poonanny.........

so my question is....what did the ninja 250 get you?? :Supergay:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
yes it is. Just make sure you don't wad it the first day trying to do a wheelie for all those little prom queens.

by the way...welcome to the site.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Damn, the bike I bought when I was 16 was a 94 RF 600R from Suzuki. It was more than a handful for me and it's an underpowered overweight pig by todays standards. All I can tell you is respect it or it will hurt you because 10 years later I look back and still wonder how I survived all the stupidity I pulled on that bike.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
HONDAHARRY said:
One of the main reasons I am getting the bike is because of the the pu$$y it will get me in school.

Oh, yeah and I do have experiance in riding I had a ninja 250r
Hehe, well um ok. I think you should just buy hookers, it would be cheaper. Cause if a woman is gonna screw you just cause you ride, they are probably gonna screw anything.

Not meaning to flame, but I hear it all the time from the kids that stop by my house.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Well, after talking to my mom I told her that I wanted a bike and she said there where to dangrous blah blah balh
She's right. I've been riding for 3 years and I still think they are dangerous as hell.

So convinced her the they are not that dangrous.
When you go down, and you will, she's still gonna give you the "I told you so".

Well she said that she would buy me one on January if I get a $2000 down payment and I already have a $1000 so all I need is $1000 more and I am getting that money on December.
You are 16. You most likely don't have a job, or have one you can easily be fired from. Don't go around financing **** at such a young age, especially when you don't have a stable job. And no, your job isn't stable. I thought the same **** when I was your age, and fortunately I listened to my parents. If it takes you until december to get $1000, you can't afford this bike.

One of the main reasons I am getting the bike is because of the the pu$$y it will get me in school.
Bikes don't get you any *****. They attract it, but they won't get you any. It all comes down to your personality. The bike has nothing to do with it.

I am 16 will be 17 in Feb. I just cant wait.
You are inexperienced, immature (though you don't know or think it), and can't afford a new sportbike.

Before you go buying this, consider this:

For a 16 year old rider, with a financed bike, your insurance per year will be at LEAST $3,800 per year. That's about $300 per month. Add on your bike payments...that's gonna be $200 per month min. You're looking at $500 per month as long as you keep a clean driving record. Can you afford that? I doubt it. Don't forget gas and maintenance. And upgrades if you decide to get them. It all adds up, and I gaurantee you can't afford it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sorry about that last post, I shouldn't be so rude. Anyway you may wanna check out the insurance cost before you buy, it may be more than you can muster at 16.

Will probably be leaps and bounds higher than the 250.

·
Registered
546 Posts
17? think insurance. i had my r6 when i was 18, and never bother with insurance because NH didn't require it (and nobody steals bike there and people drive nicely). with a new bike, you are going to want full coverage... not trying to turn you away, just plan ahead moneywise....

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
With a new financed bike they REQUIRE insurance. Minimum of each type of coverage, comprehensive, and collision.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Now I know why my mom was smart for not letting me buy bike while in high school. And that was me buying my own bike. First, ride for the ride, and for no other reason. Bad priorities man, and that is going to lead to trouble later. Nothing worse than someone outriding their ability because they need to impress people. Also, call me jealous, but if you cant afford the bike, probably the best thing to ride. I had two friends die in highschool on gixxers, I know what people like you (but not necessarily saying you) do for attention once they get comfortable on the bikes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are 16. You most likely don't have a job, or have one you can easily be fired from. Don't go around financing s**t at such a young age, especially when you don't have a stable job. And no, your job isn't stable. I thought the same s**t when I was your age, and fortunately I listened to my parents. If it takes you until december to get $1000, you can't afford this bike.

I work for my parents there for I can work as much as I want, so if I need money I work more. My parents own a resturant and there is where I work, My mom is either going to pay the payments on the bike and ill pay insurance or the other way. Dont say I cant afford It if u dont even know what my situation is

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Just tryin to look out for you without touching on the fact that it's too powerful because people rarely listen to that. When I was your age I wanted a brand new gixxer 6 real bad. I had my heart set on it and a great plan to get it and pay for it, but my parents wouldn't cosign. And I'm fooking glad they didn't. I ended up buying a piece of **** old honda instead. I rode that till I was damn good and then said I was ready for a sportbike...they said no again...said I needed more experience. I thought that was ********, but it wasn't. I got into a lot of shitty situations where a more powerful bike would have gotten me in trouble FAST, but my honda didn't. Later on I ended up getting an R6 and making it a track only bike. I got fast and had a lot of fun, and after riding it a while, I realised that because of riding the honda instead of the sportbike, my first reactions were becoming the right ones instead of the scared shitless ones that get you killed. I still rode my honda on the street. Then I killed the R6 on the track, sold both bikes, and got my 600RR. Moral of the story is...what you think is best for you isn't always right. Just be careful and don't try to rush into the sport too fast.

·
Registered
730 Posts
HONDAHARRY said:
Well, after talking to my mom I told her that I wanted a bike and she said there where to dangrous blah blah balh..... So convinced her the they are not that dangrous.
And BTW, bikes are dangerous, and need to be respected as such. There is no way to guarantee that the conditions, environmental variables, and other drivers will allow you to ride safely. Even if you have perfect skills and judgement, all it does it reduce the risk.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.