Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, its hard to admit, but I think I may be. I have raced import and domestic cars since 1993 and absolutely hate the term and the following of all show no go for auto's, but at the same time, my roomie calls me a crotch rocket ricer. I put an RT1 slip-on on my bike because I love the F1 sound above 7k. I have a 600rr.net sticker on my tail. A Competition Works sticker behind my rear seat. LP tiny signals front and rear with a CE fender eliminator. 3 helmets and 3 jackets. I have done no real performance mods to the bike (don't thing it needs any) but I ride around in full gear cause I have laid down a few and now value my skin. I never come close to speeding in town or around cages. I think turns are for fast riders and hit them daily if I get off work while its still daylight. All in all, I think I am an average sport bike rider. My room mate says I have a carbon fiber fetish though. Just wondering if anyone else is like me or am I the only one. I think well placed stickers on bikes are nice, love CF, and would rather ride than drive anywhere.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just because you have a few stickers does not make you a ricer. Because you wear full leather when you ride means you have been riding for a while and are not some stupid squid. Although I don't know about your carbon fiber fetish... a few pieces here and there are cool, but too much just means you have money to burn. As far as performance mods, there are a few that are worth it. A damper is a good idea, so is a louder pipe so those blind old ladies can at least hear you... :roll: maybe...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am dying for a damper. I have not decided which one yet. I am thinking ohlins unless anyone has anything bad to say about them.

As far as full leathers, Wanna talk about naked. Once in a blue moon, I will leave the house in a short sleeve shirt to go the 1/4 mile to the gas station for a can of Copenhagen, I feel naked, like seriously. I can't believe I used to ride everywhere that way and not give a damn. I just don't have the stomach for it anymore since I lost so much skin in my last get off in 98.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
You know that spoiler and air damn do add like 15bhp though :bitchslap:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some stickers, nice sound, leathers, and common sense makes you a ricer? Ah ****, what does that make me then, im worried!

:)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Now that s**t is funny (the R-type skirt is the icing on the cake). The only problem though is that I think it's only a matter of time until we see something like this on the street. D**n, that's depressing :cry: .

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Well placed stickers in my eyes are cool too. The only time I wonder about someone is when I see a bike with a sticker on it for parts that aren't on the bike.

U

·
0 Posts
rnpvenom, you have no extra bodywork, you don't qualify. The first pic with the extra bodywork is classic, but you need more stickers and neon and the requisite flame paint job.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rayzor, stickers on anything for parts not on the car are rediculous. We have a lot of local rice rockets around here that are stupidly fast for four bangers, 1 10 sec car, several 11 sec cars and more that a dozen 12 second four bangers. Pretty impressive to me. Then you have the 300 tards in Cavaliers and Focus's with fart cannons and Vtec stickers that want to be just like them. Those guys kill me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts