Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its finally summer and that means i finally start making money! (i'm a full time student so I dont have much expendable income during the school year). The mod bug has been hitting me hard along with the realization that i have a lot of maintenance to take care of...

Tonight alone I ordered new fairings from cbrfarings, spark plugs, K&n oil and air filter, grunge tool, chin wax and cleaner, 520 conversion kit (-1/+2), rim tape and a new set painted faring bolts.

My plan is to take care of all maintenance Ie coolant flush, air filter, oil change, brake fluid change ( going to do rear res delete while im at it), change tires, install the sprocket kit and finally install the bi-xenon projector kit while all my fairings are off and im waiting/ installing the new ones... Is there any thing that im missing?

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rear rotor and pads were replaced about 1k ago... however i may have to check on the front.. thanks!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
levers, frame sliders, engine casing, grips, some powder coating? Idk none of the things I mention are performance driven.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. riders course
2. track days
3. lots of riding

1) I've taken the MSF thinking of taking the advanced course... thoughs are the only two i know of around here..
2) there is not a single track in arkansas and i do not have a truck so as much as i hate to say a tack day is a while off..
3) while we dont have a track arkansas does have lots of nice twisty roads so that is a given lol....

·
Registered
588 Posts
You change your fork oil once a year?
Every other never hurts... same with brake fluid, I know people that never do anything except an oil change. I alternate years on some things and do others annually. I believe both of those and coolant flush are in the service manual to do annually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts