Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at superbikeplanet.com just now, live from Laguna. Miguels 600RR was 1 second (yes I said 1) off the fastest superstock bike. I'm pretty sure this is the best comparo since the superbikes are not real close to out the door stock as FX and Superstock is. 1 second, don't think that would be worth the extra 5 grand in my opinion. YOU?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought FX and Superstock were similar rules, take a stock off the shelf bike, make specific mods to it only. Can FX do anything they want?

C

·
0 Posts
Very wrong assumption. FX bikes are some badass 600s. Superstock are pretty much stock bikes with an exhaust.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I guess I was a bit proud of our little 600's keeping up with the liters. Anyway didn't want to stir the pot, just pointing out the seconds difference for those that call us small..
I'll wait for the superbike times to arrive, that will give a more accurate representation of both. Go Jake.

·
Registered
998 Posts
FX = 600cc superbike class. Miguel's bike probably puts out about 145 hp to the rear wheel! Not a fair comparo if you're gonna go by the $$ figures as I'm sure Miguel's bike cost a shi*load more then a superstock R1.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
cbr600rrjeremy said:
last year the 600's were only of the 1000's by 3 seconds at fontana, and if i remember right, those were similar class rules.
Multiply that by 28 laps and....you finish the race 1 minute and 24 seconds behind the leader.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Is it fair to compare a tricked out 600RR to a pretty stock R1?
That sound pretty fair to me. This also proves if you want to go as fast as a liter bike, buying one is cheaper then adding mods to a 600.

C

·
0 Posts
BackStreet said:
That sound pretty fair to me. This also proves if you want to go as fast as a liter bike, buying one is cheaper then adding mods to a 600.
Thats not really rocket science there my friend. :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts