Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the stealership today to look at some A* smx5 boots. Walking through the showroom a bike really caught my eye. It was a triumph 675, and I must say that bike looks badass! I realize I wont get alot of support from you guys on here, but man that thing looks sick! From the research I've been able to do so far it sounds like the 675 is the only bike out there that is comparable to a 600rr.

My two biggest concerns about making this switch are reliability and parts availablity. But the most important thing I've learned about bikes is, "take care of them and they'll take care of you", I dont see why that wouldn't apply with the 675.

Flame away.........

and of course a pic for those who have never seen one.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More power too you. If I were to get another bike right now, it would be an 09 Ninja 600. You should check those out. They are really sweet.
Your right the new zx-6's are nice too. But I really like the idea of having a bike that isn't as popular as all the Japanese bikes, but still has the performance and style.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Those headlights really mimic the RR's lights. That sure is a nice looking bike though! If ya get it, don't forget to flood us with pics!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I really love those bikes, I almost bought one instead of my RR. I had narrowed it down between those 2 bikes and it was a hard choice, but I got a great deal on my bike, so I got the RR.

They updated the bikes for 09, I'm not sure what they updated but they made some good improvements. I haven't really heard any horror stories about reliability issues, but parts will definitely be harder to come by than 600rr parts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did a little research on that bike and for the price it seems like a pretty sweet bike and similiar to the RR.

Only thing I noticed about it was the like said above...parts availablity, prolly be doing a lot of deals with UK companies for any mods and such.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
British reliability, do those words even go together ? They are sexy though.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole =)

jk...it's nice man. go for it.

you basing your choice on looks alone or on other factors. the 07-08RR is pretty much as good a bike that's ever been made.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I thought about getting one as well when I was first buying. It was either my graffiti or the 675 Special Edition

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dude do whatever makes you happy. I think the 675 looks really good, kinda like a mix between the 636 and the RR.

How much do they run for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
be sure to test ride it first, they are very small bikes. You will find the reliability on your Honda much better, you may also find the 675 gear box problematic. But you may love it and the few extra bhp will be a good thing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went to the stealership today to look at some A* smx5 boots. Walking through the showroom a bike really caught my eye. It was a triumph 675, and I must say that bike looks badass! I realize I wont get alot of support from you guys on here, but man that thing looks sick! From the research I've been able to do so far it sounds like the 675 is the only bike out there that is comparable to a 600rr.

My two biggest concerns about making this switch are reliability and parts availablity. But the most important thing I've learned about bikes is, "take care of them and they'll take care of you", I dont see why that wouldn't apply with the 675.

Flame away.........

and of course a pic for those who have never seen one.....

looks like a cross of everything...RR nose > gixxr mid/lower > yami swing arm > kawi rearseat...

·
Macedonian Racer
1,345 Posts
Don't these bikes have 3 cylinder motors?
Yes they do! I have a Superbike magazine subscription and I read some nice things about the 675. I'll try and get some pics up for you bro. :icon_lol:

looks like a cross of everything...RR nose > gixxr mid/lower > yami swing arm > kawi rearseat...
Lol! Very observative from you! :icon_lol: Agreed!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for staying positive guys. Like I said before, my biggest concerns are reliability and parts availability. I have two dealers of triumph within 20 miles of home, I'm gonna look into how much they keep in stock for these bikes and how long it usually takes to order parts. At this point I think I might try and keep my rr and get the 675, too. That way if I really dont like it I am not stuck with it. After I get my taxes back (next week) I might sell my cr500 instead of the rr, then I should be able by one used without a loan. There aren't that many used ones around though.

you basing your choice on looks alone or on other factors. the 07-08RR is pretty much as good a bike that's ever been made.
At first it was looks alone, which wasn't enough to make me switch, but I've also read they are the only bike out there that is even a close 2nd to the Honda and some guys actually like it more. Alot of the good things I've read about them have actually been on this site, coming from Honda riders that says alot. I agree the '07-up rr is pretty much the best bike ever made. What the triumph offers for me is uniqueness and style, I'd love for people to say,"What is that? It looks real nice. What, it has 3 cylinders?!" That'd be priceless.
Dude do whatever makes you happy. I think the 675 looks really good, kinda like a mix between the 636 and the RR.

How much do they run for?
Agreed. They are really comparable to the rr price wise. There is one on CL in my area for $6500, clean title, never down, adult owned. The one I saw at the dealership was a leftover '08 for $8999.

be sure to test ride it first, they are very small bikes. You will find the reliability on your Honda much better, you may also find the 675 gear box problematic. But you may love it and the few extra bhp will be a good thing.
I will try and ride one first, but like I said up top, now I'm thinking about keeping the rr just in case I really dont like the 675. The extra bhp will be nice but I am really hoping for more torque. Coming from a dirt background I'm used to really torquey bikes.

Don't these bikes have 3 cylinder motors?
Yes!:icon_supe

·
Registered
639 Posts
Honda, known for reliability

Triumph, well... not.

they are nice bikes, I know a guy who has one, he likes it, I think he is on his second one. They are pretty quick too, maybe a bit more powerful the RR.

I like the abundance of parts available for my RR, being individual comes at a price.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts