Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of selling the rr and "buidling" a chopper. i think it would be a fun project and ive always loved the looks of choppers. any input?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Its all personal preferance man... I personally would never give up my rr for a chopper/cruiser, but im not you... GL in your decision

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have ridden a few bikes and "choppers" wouldn't be one of preference, the lack of control by the position of your body is pretty scary.

I'd rather get something upright, like a goldwing, later on in life...

I like the look of choppers too... but usually you only see em in the parking lot! HA!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If you want to CONSTANTLY work on your bike...build a chopper. If you want to wonder if you'll make it there AND back...build a chopper. Why pay 30G for that???? Cause they look cool?

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=80106

Don't do it.. handles like a school bus. Shifting was a major task.. My roomate can't go more than 60 miles before the bike has beat the crap out of him...

Sure looks nice but for that kind of cash you could buy a Duc... or BMW...

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Choppers do NOT have to be unreliable. There are some amazing bikes around Newport Beach and the surrounding areas. They are high tech, fast and honestly beautiful. A *chopper* doesn't have to be a Harley, there are other fantastic motors out there.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If u are going the chopper route, just go for the pro street, shorter forks, handles much better....I perfer the pro street look myself.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
I think there is a Company in SoCal that makes some sweet bikes. 13 Choppers or something like that. I amend my last statement.. If you are going to do it make sure it is more user friendly than most...

http://www.13choppers.com/page3/page3.html

Yeah.. Duc powered Choppers.. Looks like they have kits also...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I second that, I think eventually I'm gonna get something like a Yamaha Star or something, I really like them, not a Harley for sure, plus I'm too small for it. They weigh a ton! ANd the bike would just be casual rides, occasionally if I'm in the mood to be slow. But I don't think I'll ever get away from sport bikes! Well...if something really bad happens...that'll be a diff story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts