Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to reach 11,000 miles on my 2013 CBR and thinking about changing it up. I am the original owner, garage kept and having trouble with what might be a fair price.

Mods:
R6 Throttle tube mod
Galfer SS lines front and rear
HRC rear brake delete
EK 520 chain kit 15/43 w/Driven sprockets
Driven pair block off plates
TST flushmounts
TST fender eliminator tag bracket
Probolt black aluminum fairing bolts
Servo delete custom cat delete pipe

I was thinking with the mods and milage starting the price around $7,500. Any input on if this is high or low would be great. I can't believe I typed this up, I should definitely keep her.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
For a stock 2013 CBR600RR:

NADA Book Value - Low Retail is $6,785. Avg Retail is $8,930
KBB Book Value - Suggested retail value is $7,920 in excellent condition. Trade in value is listed at $5,470 in good condition.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't really use them either especially since they vary so greatly as far as value. Just a very quick gauge as far as what MIGHT be expected should it be on a dealer floor.

I do need to say that I would have surely wanted to check that bike out at the price if I were in the market. Very fair for a buyer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great input guys. I do have my maintainence log to keep it within warranty. I changed the oil every 3,000 and after trackdays. It has Q3's that need replacing, good thing I have a new set in the garage i just need time to mount them. I am an ASE certified technician so I do all my work myself even tire changes.

I just haven't seen any used 2013/14 bikes for sale so I do not know what they are going for. Most people seem to price their bikes high basked on what they think they are worth. Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Why do you want to sell it?

To upgrade or buy a different bike?

If there's nothing wrong with the bike, why not keep it?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I'm thinking about getting rid of my 13 as well. Dealer is quoting me $7500 which is the high end of trade in value.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
As far as retail between nada & kbb low retail is $7000 & high retail is $9200.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I hardly ever use Nada or KBB to price bikes.. The best way is to scan the local market, especially Craigslist. Prices vary everywhere :cruising:
+1 on this, I checked local market values on bikes as similar as possible to mine in mileage and mods so $7500 sounds low if it's just before the riding season will start and demand will go up...has the bike been down at all?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Why do you want to sell it?

To upgrade or buy a different bike?

If there's nothing wrong with the bike, why not keep it?
I'm also curious why they want to sell it, he said he needs a change. Not sure why though, OP any insight? Pros or cons to the '13 600rr? Just curious.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never stated I needed a change. To be honest if I do sell it I would consider buying a 2015, the same bike with much less miles. I live less than 4 miles from work so needless to say most of my miles are from track or twisties. I used to have an 09 R6 before the CBR. I definitely like the feel of the honda better, even if the power is different.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I started the thread to get the opinion of other owners before posting it for sale on a local forum. I think 7,500 would be a fair price given the mods, even with the milage. I might just give it to my wife. I recently picked up an 08 CBR600RR from a friend with barley 3,500 miles. That's about a third of my milage on a 2013 and I got a good deal.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
11K miles is still low, that bike is still a baby. I don't see any reason why you would sell it and get a '15...which is the exact same bike, and go through the break in period again when the 13's engine is just getting started.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts