Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a friend that bought an '05 600rr in that black/tribal color and I love it. My 636 is nice and its very fast, but the fit and finish of the 600rr is so much better and it pulls so much harder once you get to 8k, but the lag is more notica

has anybody converted from a 636??

do you have any regrets???

maybe I'll just keep the 636 for a "play" bike and buy a new 600rr

-Daniel-

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Daniel2145 said:
So I have a friend that bought an '06 600rr in that black/tribal color and I love it...
How's he like the '06? Glad to see they kept the tribal. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
LTSrr said:
How's he like the '06? Glad to see they kept the tribal. ;)
dang you got the '06 already...:hump:

it's all based on preference, whatever you like better...

I personally would go honda, the bike is more stable and confidence inspiring...
+Higher resell value...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
dub, Not me... his friend.

·
Registered
351 Posts
and 06?? u mean an 05...I heard nothing of 06's being out yet and in the same tribal as 05?
I'd def go with the 636 i bought my 05 tribal RR and i went back to the dealership (this is a Yamaha,Kawasaki,HOnda,Suzuki dealership) few days later to pick up some stuff and they had assembled 2 636's the Orange and Blue one and I just fell in love but it was too late to trade in seing how i;d lose money already. The orange is just sick

·
Registered
10 Posts
derRRcbr said:
and 06?? u mean an 05...I heard nothing of 06's being out yet and in the same tribal as 05?
I'd def go with the 636 i bought my 05 tribal RR and i went back to the dealership (this is a Yamaha,Kawasaki,HOnda,Suzuki dealership) few days later to pick up some stuff and they had assembled 2 636's the Orange and Blue one and I just fell in love but it was too late to trade in seing how i;d lose money already. The orange is just sick
i noticed that typo, i was just playing around...

the orange is the magna red right?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i'd keep your 636 or get the 05 636. I've had 2 cbr 600rr's and one 2003 636. I miss the motor of the 636 and it's so much easier to work on too.

·
Registered
351 Posts
yah pearl magma red i guess
idk why they didnt just call it some sort of orange
looks more orange then red

Iwonder what they call their red on the zx10 then...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats one thing I dont like is the motor. the whole bike shakes, stuff ratles, and that damn Kawi tick that gets so anoying. I have the '03 so I dont have the slipper slutch.

the thing that made me want to get a diff bike is at right aobut 13000 miles, the rear wheel baring failed on me and locked up the rear wheel causing about $1500 in damage and Kaw claimed no responsibility for the failed part.

Oh yeah and the suspension blows. I think it was voted one of the worst street bikes based on the ride. the 600rr however is the **** when it comes to suspension and it feels so planted.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have an 03 600RR with 8,500 miles on it and an 05 636 with 1,800 miles on it.

I like them both, however ……..the Honda “build quality” is definitely superior to the Kawasaki’s. After all the miles on the Honda it is still tight, crisp and like new. The motor is smoother and all you hear is the exhaust note, unlike the 636 with it’s “mechanical” buzzing, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not the same as the crisp Honda sound. An 05 600RR could only be better. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
A friend of mine had an 03 636. He lowsided it and the frame bent. He had took it to have the frame straightened and the guy said that Kawi frames suck and always bend in the same areas. It's no wonder the kawis are so light.

Personally I want a bike that can take a beating and always hold a stable line. Go with the 600RR.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the 600RR is a sweeter lookin' machine than the new 636.. Just look at the side by side. The Honda has way better lines.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts