Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year hasn't been as fun riding my bike. I moved a little further away from the people I ride with and then also don't seem to ride as much this year. The guy that I used to ride the most with moved and just sold his bike (to buy a 4-wheeler).

So, my dilemma is whether I should hang on to my bike or sell it. I have put a lot of money into "ole blue", but I just don't get the same satisfaction out of her.

I would hate to cut her loose then be left wantin'.

Anyone have some good opinions on this matter????????

·
Registered
881 Posts
I did this 10 years ago with my ZX-7, thinking I was bored of it, nobody to ride with, I'd get something else next year etc etc..... Then with every passing year I couldn't own a bike, it really made me appreciate it, wish I had it. Then kids came along, the wife wasn't happy with the idea of a bike....
I wish I still had it now, looking back a 1992 ZX-7 was a cool bike. So after 9 or 10 years being off a bike due to financial reasons, Now I'm happy as hell again to be riding the RR. Never give it up, unless you have a replacement in the works. My opinion......

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah...dont give it up unless you really dont like riding at all. I had to sell both of my first two bikes because I developed rheumatoid arthritis and I didnt have a bike for about 2 years. The summers were awful without a bike. Even if you dont ride it everyday, when you do ride it, its one of the best feelings in the world. Only give it up if you have truelly lost all interest.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Camel Jocky I have just about the same story. I had a 94 600f2 and loved it, as a matter of fact it was the only vehicle I had for about a year. I had a few ppl to ride with every now and then, but I moved and there are no "Football Humpers" as I am often called in these parts to speak of. So I sold my bike, got another cage, jobs, jobs, jobs, bought a house and finally got to the point where I was about to go insane to ride again. I got a '05 RR this year, and I hate that I have not been able to mod it, or even ride it that much. But I know I can when I want to. I love riding, and I can see why other people love to ride horses and such. I didn't even grow up around motorcycles, it is just in my blood. It is something I feel I always need/want to do. I wish I could have gotten into racing, but I am too old and have no access to tracks. I have never had an honest track day( rode Sears Point when no one as really paying attention years ago :) Should have taken advantage of living in CA when I was there. hehe All I guess I am trying to say is that if you ride for yourself, then you are going to enjoy it no matter how often or how long you ride. I think everyday is a great day to ride, some are just better than others :) Safe travels.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
dont give it up even if youve lost most of your interest. take a break for a while, and eventually you will hear the road calling you again. And when you ride, rembember to have fun with it. I used to go up to the twisties and I'd be so concerned about form, proper entry speeds and whatnot that I completely forgot why I was there...to have fun! and riding got boring. Then one day it clicked...why I am railing through turns and not having fun? I let myself have some fun, stopped worrying about everything else, and I had a blast and my interest was renewed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
usmcr6 said:
dont give it up even if youve lost most of your interest. take a break for a while, and eventually you will hear the road calling you again. And when you ride, rembember to have fun with it. I used to go up to the twisties and I'd be so concerned about form, proper entry speeds and whatnot that I completely forgot why I was there...to have fun! and riding got boring. Then one day it clicked...why I am railing through turns and not having fun? I let myself have some fun, stopped worrying about everything else, and I had a blast and my interest was renewed.
Great post!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too have a similar story: 5 years ago I sold my dream bike (at the time) a 1993 900RR. I had saved every penny to buy that bike. I had to make a choice school or bike as I need money to for school. the last 5 years have been absolut hell for me. I have no release, no way out of the everyday life of 9 to 5. Riding was more than just riding to me, is was my medication. Since the bike as been gone my blood pressure as risen, my stress level has doubled, and my attitude has changed. I had enough, brrowed a friends bike for a month while he was out of town. My blood pressure, stress dropped, and my cheerful attitude has returned. Never again will I be without a bike. Unless you absolutly have to for financial or other reasons, DO NOT SELL.

RIding is a drug more powerful and more addictive that any other. I will be the first in line to say, "Hi my name is Chris and I'm an addict", and I can live with that.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had an '03 GSXR600 last year, I sold it before the summer ended cause I wasnt riding it much, after about a month of it being gone. I got the itch to ride again. I new I had to get a new bike this summer, and thats how I got my baby! I don't think I'll ever get rid of it, except to maybe get a new one.

I think once you become a rider, you always have the itch to ride.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I do 95% of my riding by myself, and have put on ~4200 miles on my 05 so far. I don't think I'd be able to part with her..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. Fortunately, the bike is paid off. I am not financially strapped (unless you consider the want to finish my new house's basement). So, I a just going to let her age (like a fine wine) for now and scoot around on her by myself when I get the itch.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Brodak'sCandyBlue said:
Thanks for the replies. Fortunately, the bike is paid off. I am not financially strapped (unless you consider the want to finish my new house's basement). So, I a just going to let her age (like a fine wine) for now and scoot around on her by myself when I get the itch.

good call, you wont be un happy later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts