Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need a little direction. Considering this holidays are coming up and stuff, I might be doing a little bit of spending for myself and my obsession (my 600rr).

I was looking into getting some good riding jeans. I want something I can wear that looks good when I am not on my bike, is practical, and most importantly saves my butt (literally) if I do end up laying it down. I currently own a 2 piece joe rocket suit which i wear all the time, but is very impractical when I want to go to the supermarket to pick up some Cheetos's and Gatorade or if I want to go to school. I am really impressed by their quality and I was thinking about picking up a pair of their jeans.

Anyone have any experience with these or have any other quality recommendations. Price is really not an issue if they really dont go above $120. I would rather spend the extra $40 to save my ass.

Thanks,
Joszer

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The riding jeans I tried on never fit right, so I bought the Icon field armor set that has the knee pads and elbow guards that I can wear under my clothes. For the most part you can't see that you have the pads on unless your wearing tight clothes, and they feel pretty comfortable. Just another option if you have the same fit problem I had. Also, the jeans I tried (A* & Icon) didn't feel like they were that much more protection than some good thick off the shelf jeans. Good luck bru.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Walking into the grocery store, all suited up looking like power ranger..a bad mf'er right there.

G

·
Walking into the grocery store, all suited up looking like power ranger..a bad mf'er right there.
You should see the looks on their faces when I walk up to the pharmacy like that and buy some sudafed.
Walmart and the post office is the funniest though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use riding jeans and don't really feel that I am getting any more protection than normal jeans. I would rather use normal jeans and wear Icon pads under Like CiBeR600 does.

Wow so for $129 I get not as much protection than some $34 Levi's? That sucks. I do not mind going to the post office/Walmart/Pharmacy Suited up, it just sucks trying to go to school for 5 hours like that haha.

G

·
Wow so for $129 I get not as much protection than some $34 Levi's? That sucks. I do not mind going to the post office/Walmart/Pharmacy Suited up, it just sucks trying to go to school for 5 hours like that haha.
Yeah, pretty much. They're just like Dickie work shorts. Extra layers here and there, but it doesn't do much. You'd be better off with 2 pairs of cheap jeans then riding jeans.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What I used to do when I rode to school was to wear jeans under some textile pants. If you research, you can find several that are designed to be worn over pants and are easy to put on and take off (side zippers that go up past your knees). Don't forget to leave room in your backpack!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

Drive your car then if you feel too weird wearing gear at school.

::shrug::

You might want to look into aerostitch suits as well. Wear your normal clothes underneath and zip the suit off when you get there.

I don't ever wear less gear because of my destination. The pavement is the same whether you're going to school or going to Walmart.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
parking is soo much easier on a bike.
Convenient parking is not worth wearing less gear

Guess it depends where your priorities are...

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Convenient parking is not worth wearing less gear

Guess it depends where your priorities are...
true. i have slid on some $30 jeans before and held up but i did get a little rash. i guess i needed was some armor under the jeans and i would have been good or get a good pair of textile pants. maybe x mas since im not riding much. oh my school is just down the street, still never know

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
oh my school is just down the street, still never know

ride your bike if it's that close :) (the one with pedals:all_cohol)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts