Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Just out of Curiousity.....What would you do?

• Sell the '06 6RR/ Part out all mods for a New 1KRR...Paid for out the door.

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • Keep the '06 6RR and finish up with the mods....Which will only decrease in value with age.

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am seriously thinking about selling the 600RR and Stepping up to the 1000RR.

I Currently have a lot of money and parts invested in the '06 and I think that to get to where I want to be..I would be better off seling the 6RR and getting the 1KRR.

I have the BIke pretty much maxed out on power right now as its putting out 111HP at the wheels through a FUll Yosh Exhaust, Velocity Stacks, BMC Filter and the PC.
520 Chain Swap with -1/+2 gearing....and its still not enough for me.

Th bike just lacks the low end grunt I want out of a bike.

I really miss the low end Torque of my previous Gixxer....But I love the build quality and RIde of the Hondas..so maybe the 1KRR s for me.

I currently only have 2400 miles on my bike..so getting top dollar for it in a sale locally will come with ease this time of year.

I also Have a Ton of CF items that are on or waiting to go on the bike I could sell off.

I have my Tail,lowers, mirrors, Speedo cover, front fender and rear hugger.. Most of which is One off stuff and Uber HArd to get or have made.

Not to mention the March Wheels, Sparco Gas Cap, Pazzo Levers...and a whole lot more I am sure I am forgetting.

Also...Basically a whole 'nother Body for it as well since I was getting ready to paint it.

It doesn't help that even with all of my performance mods that I am a 6' 240lb. guy....I think I just need a bit more bike to haul my big arse around.
And If the GF wants to ride....Which is Next to never..but if she did....that is just too much for the 6RR if you ask me.

I did a Real world Calcultion of what I could realistically sell all of this for in a Fair time and came up with $11K+ in parts with the bike being sold as well , under KBB's book on it.

More than I can likely get a new 1KRR out the door for.

Hmmmm....What to do.

What would you do?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Its worth it, I loved my 600 and still love 600's but for the power, size and handiling you can't beat that 1000rr I promise you that you won't have the least bit regret I know I just did it, I like the 600 on the track get to shift a lot and dont highside as easy but the 1000rr is where its at if your ready for it. Its def, not a first bike to own, but either is a 600rr either in my opinion.

DO IT !!!! haha, take care, ride safe ( ps dont pull that throttle back all the way just yet on the 1000 and watch the highsides in turns, she hasn't gotten me yet but I can just see how she would. )

·
Registered
802 Posts
I actually stepped down, if thats what you want to call it, from a R1 to the 600RR. I guess its all about what you want to do, but for me the handling of the 600RR is far superior and has plenty of power for anything realistic.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually stepped down, if thats what you want to call it, from a R1 to the 600RR. I guess its all about what you want to do, but for me the handling of the 600RR is far superior and has plenty of power for anything realistic.
Now...Let me ask you one question...How tall are you and what do you weigh.

You have to look at the power to weight ratio with me on the 600...Its just not there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Buy a Ducati 848. 15 more horses, 20 more ft lbs of torque & a powerband that looks like a 1000. Plus you won't pass someone else riding one every day. I've been back & forth between 600s 1000s, throw a 1300 in there & I switched back to a 600. After doing all that I think an 848 would be perfect. I think what you really want is the torquey feel of a 1000 & I think you'd get that with an 848. Plus I think they're both 848/1098 are THE best looking bike I've ever seen.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
power isn't everything, i may have less than 105hp right now but it sure feels good when you overtake liter bike riders on the outside during trackdays, it gives you a sense of accomplishment.

best of all i can have lots of fun in my 600RR, with a liter bike i probably wouldn't, you have to be very serious all the time when you ride a bike that powerful, no fun at all.

next mod will be suspension upgrades & i'll probably put a PCIII in last.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well...Problem is..I am not a Tracker..Nor am I Sub 200lbs.

On the street....It would be nice not to have to wring the hell out of the throttle to go anywhere.

I do like my 600...Its fun..and yes....The 1000's power could become trouble if I get into it to hard coming out of a turn...but ya' know..any bike can get away from ya if you dont ride it with respect.

I am just looking for the best ride for me while at the same time looking at the Future potential of everythings worth.

Right now is about the Optimal Sales time for my Bike and this particualr model....After this year...the parts will become worth less as will the bike.

I am looking at the "Big Picture" here.

Got to keep the values up when working out deals if possibble.
Make your money work for you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree..I would love a Ducati...But Even the 848 is above the 1KRR price ..is it not?

I actually was considering a 1098 early this year.

You could get one with a couple miles on it for the same $$$ as a 1000RR. I think most Duc owners aren't noob's & they know how to take care of their $hit and the majority of 'em don't even ride very much. I've been thinking about 1k's myself lately but the new body on the Duc's is ridiculously good looking.

·
Registered
802 Posts
A ducati and a Honda are just so opposite. One is refined, smooth, reliable and even comfortable. The other IS NOT. Its purely a track tool or street bling.

If you get the 1K, are you going to leave it stock or spend just as much in aftermarket stuff?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
what kind of gixxer did you have? Personally for me, my 600 is far from lacking in the power dept. Then again Im 170lbs...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Im just saying, If you were to spend as much in mods, then you have to deduct that from your bottom line difference. If you just do the basics, I guess you would be ahead.

Do you have good self control? ...thats another reason I got a 600 this time. :s

·
Registered
222 Posts
To me, my 600 isnt lacking AT ALL (I do however weigh like 160)

After riding my bike, I can definitely see how a 1000 could be overkill for the street

If I were you, I would do like said above and be looking into 848's

1 - 20 of 55 Posts