Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Curve Connoisseur
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been eyein' the 07.....and i can pick one up for about 8400 OTD,...its going to be used for hard twisty ridin and track ridin......my question is...the ergos seem to be set up like a BMW cruiser or something. I sat on one the other day and it was just way to upright for me. I like an aggressive riding position........clipon's and some rearsets should do the job right? Anyone else feel this way about the 07? i mean i want a race bike, not a comfortable bike.....BTW i have an 03 right now......any thoughts?

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
To hear other people talk they can't even imagine having to sit on an '06 compared to how plush the '07 is. Which is true?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Man.......how tall r u. How long r ur hands to be very specific. I am 5'10" and wear a shirt with sleeves 34-35 and when I was looking for a bike I almost picked up GSXR because I just cudn't come upright enough on 600RR. Now I just relax my back on stop lights by putting it in neutral.

So i've been eyein' the 07.....and i can pick one up for about 8400 OTD,...its going to be used for hard twisty ridin and track ridin......my question is...the ergos seem to be set up like a BMW cruiser or something. I sat on one the other day and it was just way to upright for me. I like an aggressive riding position........clipon's and some rearsets should do the job right? Anyone else feel this way about the 07? i mean i want a race bike, not a comfortable bike.....BTW i have an 03 right now......any thoughts?

·
Registered
340 Posts
the ergos are more comfortable compared to the 05-06. clip-ons and rearsets will do the trick for you.

personally, i found the footpegs a tad low so i went for the Satos. i'm loving it now.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
the 06RR's ergo's are not too agressive imo. i feel that i'm seated much higher on my RR and not so comfortable in some ways. i've ridden my friend's 06gixxer 600 and another friend's 750 and those are have much more agressive riding position (lower seats and more agressive clip-ons). now i rode Andrewbox's 07RR and its a bit more agressive than my 06 when it comes to positioning. i'd def get the 07 if i were you!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I definetly think its a lot less aggressive than 06 but its still a top notch handling bike. I rode my buddys 06 R6 last night and was really impressed with the ergos and handling on it. It was aggressive but not uncomfortable to me. If your wanting a aggressive feeling sportbike Id go with that. Im wanting to get one for the track, but you can always change the clipons and rearsets on the RR if need be. I have no complaints on about my bike. I love it, its good for me cause it takes us 45 minutes to get to the good twisties here so it helps out alot with it being comfortable. If you want a "race bike" Id buy the R6, but the RR is just as good. Sorry bout my short novel.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
To hear other people talk they can't even imagine having to sit on an '06 compared to how plush the '07 is. Which is true?
the seat is so much more comfy but it is tappered off on the edges... easy as to hang off but so mush better to ride and distance !!!! stops the pain factor and allows me higher levels of concentration. my 05 loads up the wrist slightly more but the 12mm dosnt make that much difference to the BMW factor...hehhehe

·
Registered
939 Posts
Each to their own...

My brother rides a GSX6 07 and after one mile of swapping bikes he pulled over wanting to swap back. Once back on his bike he kept taking the piss by riding with his arse in the air!
I think in general the bike rox but am interested in feeling the difference with rearsets and clips ons.
I still get off the bike with a huge grin on my face every time I ride it so am gonna wait.....

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts

My thoughts are the 07 ROCKS.. I have had 2 06's and a 93 F2.
I rode a Gixxer and Kawai. By far I think the 07 600RR Is the best. ( For Me ) Good Luck
Post pics when and If you get

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wondering where can you get one for 8400 OTD and where youre located because im trying to get one soon and i got as low as 9k OTD and well thats a hell of a deal if you wouldnt mind sharing.....

cmv

·
Registered
310 Posts
That is a smoking deal. I have sat on an '07 and it feels fine. I do know though riding and sitting are 2 different things so.

i would go with what is more comfortable for you and what you like better

·
Registered
123 Posts
get the 07! buddy of mine has one says its pretty confortable compared to his 04 RR. Id say so too by sitting on it but havent riddin it yet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts