Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking ERC this weekend and was thinking back to MSF. I vividly recall an older lady in a class running next to mine (2 separate classes running simultaneously) that hadn't the slightest clue what she was doing. Just about every hour on the hour we would here an engine really revving only to turn and see her bike laying on the ground :shock: . The first time it wasn't funny because accidents happen, but after the second, third and fourth even our instructors were shaking there heads :lol2: .

Couple things:
1) she kept doing it which made it funny
2) We were so far away that we could only see the hand gestures none of the talking
3) We watched this lady do some exercises and she was off in Lala land.

Now, I stongly believe MOST people can ride bikes. All of us at different abilities. But she proved to me that some people just weren't meant to ride bikes.

(Maybe you had to be there)

(Damn, I'm at work laughing and everyone's wondering why.)

·
Registered
584 Posts
I still remember mine as well. I had been riding forever and did it for the discount when I took it (although they definately taught me a few seemingly unimportant things that have helped me massively since now that I know them) and this one guy was taking it on an Enduro bike (about a 650). He could definately ride and do it well but on the very last excercise, he ended up completing the excercise perfectly only to stop, try to put his foot down (he was like 5 ft 2) and the bike proceeded to fall over the opposite direction from a dead stop and throw him on the ground. Had he have failed the course, it would not have been so funny to me but since the instructor was cool and he said he had passed every portion of the course and only fell after completion, it made it hilarious to me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hehe dont we all have our own little msf stories... i had an older lady in my class as well, while accelerating i guess she mistook the front brake for the clutch! so i guess she squeezed it instead of eased it haha. lets just say the back tire got off the ground. luckily she was not hurt and we were able to joke about it aferwards.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had a guy in my class he was missshifting and you could tell he wasnt getting the hang off things. I mean when you looked in his eyes while he was riding 100% fear. Well going in large circles I hear a high engine rev then crash he was right in front of me. We all stop and your right the first time isnt funny. Then we were taking the test and during the stop test he was going and you know how your not to antisipate the cones well he didnt at all I mean he looked like a car pulled in front of him high braking turning into a lowside he was fine both times and its funnier now. Needless to say he didnt get his licence which makes me feel safer.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well, during the beginners class, it always amazes me that some people think they know it all and when they are 2mins from me asking them to leave they ask me if they are doing ok.
The other thing is how POORLY people who have their licenses ride. They come to take an ERC and during a simple ex. like hard braking they stop and then drop the bike. I often ask if someone else rode the bike there for them LOL! :bounce:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts