Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I previously had an 05 with a few mods.. I loved this bike and was considering buying another as a track tool with a bit of money to spend on a few mods. Then I thought instead of moding put the money towards a newer bike as they come with steering dampers and are a little bit lighter... I had an off in July last year and not ridden since so I am going to do superbike school come spring and then be in the market for aquiring a track bike....

any advice on the years from 05 onwards would be great... I have lost touch with the cbr after my fling with dukes...

my old steed... back in 2007

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
love that color... The newer RR's the 07+ are really light as you mention earlier so that is a plus. But if you are looking for great and expensive track bike why not go with a similar model like the one you have? IMO they look the best. Heavier of course but you always can tweak it a little. (note stabilizer not stock) I like these years because there is plenty of parts available for them But to each their own. GL

·
Registered
901 Posts
I concur with the 05-06 600rr... Great track bikes with plenty of good mod's
that can be done.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
depend on how much you want to spend, the 07+ RR is def. a better platform to start with.

check wera forum, they have a lot of track bikes for sale.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the standard electronic steering damper any good on the newer bikes? I had an ohlins on my 05 which was a great mod... come to think of it i could nick off my 749R, does anyone know the weight difference from an 05 -08 bikes?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
depend on how much you want to spend, the 07+ RR is def. a better platform to start with.

check wera forum, they have a lot of track bikes for sale.
I want to get a standard bike and turn it into a track bike... i don't like the idea of buying a well thrashed bike..

My mods for an 05 bike wouldn't be too expensive...
Ohlins damper and ohlins rear shock... slip on exhaust and some braided brake lines...

The more I think about it the more I miss my old 600RR.. I am going to go test ride a new one this week weather permitting just to get a feel...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a pair of '09 Track bikes for sale in the classifieds. Real cheap! And yes the OEM damper works just fine. Tdub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts