Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have been shopping for a bike for nearly a year ( had knee surgery, almost had one about 3 months ago sorry Jamie) and i can't afford to much so i figured i may have to break down and look at salvage bikes. My main question is how much should i be willing to pay for 04-07 salvage?
Also i think it would be a good investment if i send the bike to a shop have it looked over before i put my money down, so can anyone recommend a good shop anywhere from Los Angeles to San Diego?
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
there is an extremely varying degree of salvage bikes. some bikes get a salvage title for only rashed bodywork and a bent brake lever. others are obviously in a full state of destruction. if you buy the latter, you would want to get the frame checked out and take into account any holes in the engine case/covers.

a bike that is in near *perfect* shape with a salvage title is a good deal because it is already fully rebuilt and you still get $500-$1000 discount over a clear title bike in the same condition.

for a salvage bike that has little or no damage, expect to pay between $3500-5500 depending on damage and year.

for a salvage bike that is destroyed, don't pay any more than $2000 because you are going to put a lot into it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I bought mine salvaged for 2200. Fixed it and got it lookin brand new. 03 by the way. people couldn't believe what i did with it. Then i crashed it, several times...... time to fix it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts