Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine dropped his 05 600RR going around a corner too slow hit some gravel and slid into some grass.. the headlight and one side of the fairings is cracked and scratched... he hasn't fixed it yet and I'm thinking of buying the bike as is and putting new parts onto it.. I drove the bike and everything seems to be fine other than the headlight it starts right up and drives nice.. should I take the leap and buy it? what should i offer him its a tribal black with 3000 miles on it. Im pretty good with a wrench should I go aftermarket fairings or replace the broken stock ones? Im thinking of riding it for the summer and selling it for the highest value possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
let me give you some solid advice, if you do buy the bike and replace the faiirngs do not go aftermarket and if you do spend the money. you will have so many fitment issues it wont even be worth the money spend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the next question is where should I get the fairing's from? I love the black and I'd like to keep it stock.. where can I get stock fairing's for a better deal than the stealership? I'm kinda wary of ebay because of shipping and thats all i need is to crack a fairing or a headlight during shipping..

·
Registered
665 Posts
search button is your friend.

ronayers.com is probably your best bet. Why can't I have a friend dumb enough to sell me his rashed '05 for $3,000!?!?

·
Registered
577 Posts
No offense or anything but your "friend" is an idiot. $3000 isn't a wicked deal, it's A GOD DAMN STEALLLLL!!! Bind or not, I would feel guilty stealing from a friend like that. In any event, buy it NOW! Before he gets smart and asks around and changes his mind.

Definitely +++++++1 on the www.ronayers.com

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, 3000 is great. Only thing Id suggest is to take it to a shop and have them give it a once over to make sure there wasnt more damage in the crash that you arent aware of.

·
Registered
192 Posts
3000 is a downright terrible deal.. Please pm me his phone number so i can talk with him about his bike.. you dont want a bike thats been down anyway! heheh

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
600RRR said:
Ok the next question is where should I get the fairing's from? I love the black and I'd like to keep it stock.. where can I get stock fairing's for a better deal than the stealership? I'm kinda wary of ebay because of shipping and thats all i need is to crack a fairing or a headlight during shipping..
ebay is fine. I got a bunch of bodywork for mine through ebay.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts