• leave them the way they are!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having been a fan of watching the races for a long while now, i've always liked how the racers have their own colors.

because of that, i always wanted to do something like that.
then i saw a photo of meddiepie954, and he had put on some custom colors on his astars smx-plus.

my supertechs are currently the plain 'ol blue/white ones you can get anywhere. and i photoshopped a couple to see what it may look like.

sort of torn between version A and B.

what do you guys think?

and heres what they look like orignally, for those who may not be familiar with them!
http://www.ualberta.ca/~sklau/rr/supertech_compare_orig.jpg

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I like "B". I like the two tone leather and the outside top cuff black...this reminds me...I need to take pictures of my boots, I'll be back with some pics.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
This is what they looked like before...

Here ya go...

This is the paint I used...

You can see that it flaked where my boots rubbed against my rearsets and stuff, but it's mostly on the inside, so you can't really tell anyway. I didn't take too much time painting them, but if I would have sanded and primered I think the paint would have stuck a lot better.

Here's what they look like with my leathers...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the photos!
i hope the krylon stuff might hold up better...

and version B will have the benefit of not having to worry about scratches or flaking from rubbing...

and by the way, the photoshop is up in the other thread.

V

·
0 Posts
Wow meddie... that looks like ****. lol You should have kept your boots white and had all of your friends autograph it like a cast when you break something. :razz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts