Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 2008 cbr 600rr graffiti with a lil bit of mods i love my bike but i cant really mess around with it because i don't want to kill my self but i am thinking about selling it for a 2004-2005 subaru wrx sti what do you guys think?

D

·
0 Posts
Car crashes can kill you too. Go to a track if you want to have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well in nh where i live i can only ride 5 months and i'm paying threw the roof for insurance because of my age and i have 0 tickets

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
sorry to hear! your bike is a 2008 which means its basically new, how long have you been ridn' how many bikes have you owned etc? if this is your first bike and you got scared while ridn' one day maybe you need to get something a bit less agressive? just a suggestion, good luck w whatever you decide

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is my second bike my first one i flipped over and got this one it has 6k on it and i love riding but theres only so much you can do and how hard you can push your self before you crash because you pushed your self so far, i push my limits a lot

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
if you find yourself pusing your limits a lot might be a reason to sell imo. I have fun dont get me wrong, but im not a kid anymore and have a fam to think about, so i ride safe/smart for the most part ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha see i don't have a family yet and i'm a kid ha i'm not scared of crashing i know its going to happy and i trying to prevent it before it happens haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
How about keeping your bike and buy a subaru. it would be nice to have a rally car for a daily use while a sports bike for weekends.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if you're thinking about it.. might as well do it. Otherwise, try dirtbikes, track riding or another type of bike. Maybe sportbikes just aint for you. Or perhaps, riding in general just aint for you.

A

·
0 Posts
i own both..... buy the scubby and get welcome to the club... but keep the bike and ride responsibly!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Are you paying off the bike? So you have full coverage insurance?

My bike is paid for so I only have liability insurance right now because full coverage is about 1,200 a year! Take off a passenger coverage and your price drops like crazy too. I only have damage I do to others and property covered for $75 a year. It's very cheap, but I would recommend having good medical insurance if you do, do this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think selling your bike will get you an 04-05 sti unless you have extra $$ to put in.
You don't need to have a family to ride safe/smart.
Learn to have your bike under your control and respect your bike.
It will become a good habit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Take the bike to the track at least once then decide. If you can afford both I would keep the bike for the track as others have suggested.

I've done track days with my car and my bike and the bike is just sooo much more fun, no contest.

STis are great cars though so do whatcha like.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I think the only car I would give up a bike for would be a vette. Got to sit shotgun in a supercharged vette at the proving grounds with a test driver, running the same tracks I did test riding the 1125R and that was pretty damn exciting. Not sure why more people don't take the sports car to the track, it's actually a lot of fun and safe.

Being that I don't plan on buying a vette anytime soon, I'll stick to bikes. When it comes to thrills, you just can't beat the bang for the buck. :cruising:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Unless you have a used scooby in mind, it might be hard finding one that isn't ragged out. Most I looked at had lots of mods or high miles. Try to get one from an older owner that hasn't messed with it much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.