Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode back in college and ever since I sold my R6 3 years ago I've been regretting. The reason? I got married and we had a baby. So the bike wasn't really working out. Now that she's 3 and we have 2 cars, the possibility is nearer. I just hate thinking about what would happen to my family if I crashed and/or got seriously injured. Anyone out there married with kids and still ride? Do you ride on the street? Track only? I personally prefer the track, but it gets expensive.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
you've got the right idea man. We all take some risks man. Just remember what you have to lose when you're out, ant that will help you keep your head on straight and ride safe!

·
Registered
540 Posts
wife and kid here. kid is 4. i worry about it, but i figure i could die in a car accident too, so i try to ride smart and responsible and just try to stay safe.

since my car crapped out (stupid acura, never again, acura != honda, grrrrr) i've been riding a lot more, and want to get on the track and off the street more and more.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Los Angeles and the drivers here are crazy! I went to school down at UCSD so the roads were much safer (at the time). I actually won't be riding M-F as I have to drop my daughter off at day care everyday so weekend riding only for me.
On another note, it looks like La Cycle Sports is the best place ($ wise) to purchase a 600RR. Does anyone know if Honda's current incentives (ending 7/31/05) will be extended? When will the 06 models come out? I've always learned that summer is not the best time to buy a bike (new or used).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts