Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first let me say hello to everyone in this forum as this is my first post. i have been lurking for awhile now and im thinking about trading my duc for a 600rr. i was wondering if anyone has done this already and what they felt were the plus' and deltas. im very relectant to get rid of my 748 because i do love it, but recently i have been riding my friends r6 and i started to fall in love with the inline 4. so has anyone made this transition on here? all feed back would be great.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I dont know about the condition of your bike etc. but i do know that the Tamburini era Ducati designs are some of the best looking machines ever. I dont know if you need the money, or if you just want to have a different bike, but if i were you I would keep the Duc and pic up a used RR somewhere.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes my dad used to have a ME900H and it would handle like a DREAM so im sure your 748 does the same. The power of the I4's is much smoother and doesn't hit as hard as those tourquey V twins do. The japanese sport bikes are totally different than the exotic Italian design of the Ducati's but are equally as fun in my opinion but of course i have never owned one ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i should have know not to post more info about my bike and mods so here are some pics an additional info.

Ducati performance carbon lowers rear and air runners. misc other parst like heel gaurds clutch cover swing arm...arrow exhaust DP chip. marchesini wheels, corbin seat...

im not selling because im in a money pinch or anything, its just that i cant justify having two bikes and two cars. not to mention that im not looking forward to spending the cash on my 12k tune... duc's are kinda pricey when then go in the shop.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
really nice looking 748. Go into a dealer and see if they will let you try out an RR, bring your bike so they know your not a noob just looking for a joy ride.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sharp lookin Duc you got there. I like that style so much better then the new one. Eeeeeew.

Anyways, as I'm sure you know Duc's are pricey, in every way. Sure you won't have the exclusivity of the Duc but at least you can rest easy knowing you won't be replacing belts every 6k miles. I have ridden quite few 748's from bone stock to pretty tricked out. They sure do handle nice but I'll take a 600 any day. You'll miss the torque the twin has but you'll love that high RPM rush the modern 600's have. You won't miss the weight I'm sure of that. The 600 will feel porky/fat to you at first since the tank on that 748 feels like a dirtbike when you tuck you legs in. I have always loved the sound of a twin with a good exhaust so if you feel the same way you'll miss that thunderous roar when you crack the throttle. Other then that I say go for it. It'll take some time adjusting to it but in the end I think you'll love em.

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
i had an R6, sold it, got a 748S, sold it, got the 600rr, sold it, got a 749S, selling it. :)

when i have an inline 4, i miss the sound and magic of a twin. when i have a twin, i miss the performance and ease of ownership of an inline 4.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
DucRider said:
i should have know not to post more info about my bike and mods so here are some pics an additional info.

Ducati performance carbon lowers rear and air runners. misc other parst like heel gaurds clutch cover swing arm...arrow exhaust DP chip. marchesini wheels, corbin seat...

im not selling because im in a money pinch or anything, its just that i cant justify having two bikes and two cars. not to mention that im not looking forward to spending the cash on my 12k tune... duc's are kinda pricey when then go in the shop.

damn.

i dont know dude, id keep that sexy thing, and get the RR as a 2nd bike.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
great looking 748 I had one awhile back but it had too many problems for me to keep it.
I love my 600rr and wouldn't trade it for another bike (w/in reason) but wouldn't mind having another 748 as a second bike.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That is a badass bike man, keep it. Im sure its paid off right? So if i were you I would look for a used 600rr. The 07's are coming out soon so you should be able to get a pretty good deal on some 03-06's pretty easy. Payments on a $5000 used bike arnt going to be that bad, especially if you were able to afford that Duc already. You could have half of the RR paid off for the cost of that 12k tune up lol......jk man, but you know what im saying. As long as it is a solid running 748, and you dont have troubles with it besides maintenence, keep that rolling piece of art. Dont get me wrong, i love my RR, but they are no way as sexy or collectible as a Duc.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Maybe I'm just way off base here...but I understand that the 748 is an amazing bike mechanically...all Ducati's are. But honestly I can't see the "beauty" in that bike. Most Ducati's are ugly to me...just kinda boxy and oddly shaped. The RR has much nicer lines and looks sleek. No offense to anyone...I love Ducati's too...but in the looks department they don't hold a candle to the RR.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts