Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a stupid question, but what is the small light on the front just above the headlights for? Ive asked damn near everyone at a local Honda dealer, All were stupified :scratch: .

·
Registered
937 Posts
Map light.

:bitchslap: those wacky asians :mrgreen:

H

·
0 Posts
I am pretty sure that it is called a running light..but i do not think that it has a purpose...it is not bright...and when you change your bulbs or through some HIDs in the running light looks stupid cause it has a yellow color....i am planning on changing mine out to a white LED...or something like that

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was very confussed as well. I asked around to all the engineers and we came up with this: The light is designed to point directly into the mirror of the car in front of you to increase their awareness of you. If you try it at night behind a friends car your friend can see what I mean.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
i just pullled mine out put a piece of tape over the bulb where contact is made and put the bulb back in..problem solved and the unit is still sealed and if i ever want it hooked up again just pull the tape off the bulb..

H

·
0 Posts
I did a xenon colored bulb for the HID look.
Can you give me more info on the bulb that you have (brand, description)...i have seen several bulbs....but i am not sure how they would look (i had trouble finding a good one on my last bike)....thanx

·
Registered
360 Posts
I changed mine to a red bulb. Got it from AutoZone for about $2.50 for a pack of 2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts