Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks guys!! :ciao:

She's still running great! Logged just over 5,000 miles on her already since I did this.... up to 182,600 now and not a single problem, running strong as ever! I do need to sync the throttle bodies though. Ridden each and every day on my 120 mile/day commute :cruising:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Awesome, awesome job. shiet, it took me almost an hour to get through the build pics asnd write up. stellar job, I bet it feels great to do something like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man i all i have to say is mad respect! Anyone can go out and buy brand new parts or a bike for that matter. But it takes a true enthusiast to build something from the ground up. My friend you are a true enthusiast! :+1:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Jared, what an awesome job!!! Over the years I have witnessed you develop more of a connection to that bike than anyone ever has. I am very envious, great mechanical ability and documentation, but even more than anything else, what a lifetime memory!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Really inspiring to read this thread and watch the videos and see this thing come back to life. Fantastic job, really well done, and hope that you are enjoying the rewards.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Well guys, just figured I'd post a little update on how she's doing. Not all too much to say other than.... bike is running great!!

Just went out and snapped this a few mins ago... logged exactly 15,316 miles since April 3rd when I got her running again after the wreck (177,428). In that time she's taken me all throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, and Maryland without even so much as a hiccup, and still going strong as ever and ridden each and every day. She did the 120 mile/day commute thing every single day (M-F) for 2 months straight without even batting an eye (errr headlight)

Only issue I've had was a couple weeks ago, I was over in Hickory, NC on my way to Best Buy, sitting at a long stop light and noticed I hadn't heard my cooling fan come on. Look down at the temp and it's at 231... 235... 239... uh oh! Quickly pull into a parking lot and discover my cooling fan blade is broken right in the center where it attaches to the motor shaft, so the motor is spinning but not the blade... arg! I just replaced this blade about a year ago for breaking in the exact same spot. I just put my old one back on for now that I fixed with some JB Weld and it's working fine for now... gotta go order another one tomorrow. That's the only thing though... everything else motor/trans related is perfect!

That's about it... 7,256 until the big 200k mark, shouldn't be too long. I think she'll make it there just fine.... :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
well done sir..... well done!

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is the best write up I have ever read. Great job man I know who im going to call if I need some motor info.

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Just read this thread all the way through. Wow, I am in awe!

That must have taken a lot of time, dedication, blood, sweat and tears. Must be so satisfying to have managed to get her back on the road.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Man this is awesome, I like that you swapped everything over from case to case. Really good stuff. Saving it all to post makes me feel like it was done in a week but that's one hell of a job.
I get to put one back together too.
Quick question on valve adjustment, when you say follow the numbering on the cam holders, does that mean, go 1-2-3-4-...when tightening and 20-19-18-17-...when loosening or just the same way both times?
thanks and grats again on finishing up your baby

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Man this is awesome, I like that you swapped everything over from case to case. Really good stuff. Saving it all to post makes me feel like it was done in a week but that's one hell of a job.
I get to put one back together too.
Quick question on valve adjustment, when you say follow the numbering on the cam holders, does that mean, go 1-2-3-4-...when tightening and 20-19-18-17-...when loosening or just the same way both times?
thanks and grats again on finishing up your baby
Thanks!! :ciao: She's up to 215,500 something now, and one trackday later, and still going strong as ever!

I don't think it matters so much the order when loosening the cam holders, though I would still go in reverse order (20, 19, 18, 17, etc) just to be on the safe side. But when tightening, going in order 1-20 (or however many there is, if forget, lol) is an absolute must, otherwise the cam holder WILL crack when you start it up

·
Registered
554 Posts
ok cool thanks, I was figuring something like from the manual. I am looking forward to joining the f4i community especially with such an impressive track record as the one you're putting up :banger:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Wow, just reading through this, i could feel a connection to that bike. one of the best builds by far.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts