Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Not sure if anybody cares or not..... but just figured I'd update in here that as of today it's now been exactly 100,000 miles since doing this whole motor fiasco back in 2010. Being that I re-used all the old stuff (bearings, rings, pistons, etc) I honestly wasn't sure how long it would last, I mainly just wanted to get past the 200k mark. Well here I am at 277,428.... exactly 100k from when this originally happened, and she's still running like brand new, and I've had zero engine problems whatsoever (unless you count a thermowax valve, lol). She's done me 6 flawless trackdays in this time, and continued to put many smiles on my face. Unless I have another spat with gravity, I don't think she'll have any problems making it to 300k. And yes, still on the same original clutch, lol

Anyways.... a few pics from my ride home from work today

She's got some battle scars for sure.... but still try and keep her somewhat clean

And of course I had to take the scenic route home. Nothing wrong with that, right??

Still runs smooth and quiet, doesn't burn or leak any oil, no smoke, and starts right up every time

From a couple months ago..... had gone a little over on one oil change, this is what drained out after almost 7,000 miles. Doesn't look half bad, I'd say

Anyways.... I'm happy, she's still going strong so I guess we'll continue to see just how far she'll go!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Not sure if anybody cares or not..... but just figured I'd update in here that as of today it's now been exactly 100,000 miles since doing this whole motor fiasco back in 2010. Being that I re-used all the old stuff (bearings, rings, pistons, etc) I honestly wasn't sure how long it would last, I mainly just wanted to get past the 200k mark. Well here I am at 277,428.... exactly 100k from when this originally happened, and she's still running like brand new, and I've had zero engine problems whatsoever (unless you count a thermowax valve, lol). She's done me 6 flawless trackdays in this time, and continued to put many smiles on my face. Unless I have another spat with gravity, I don't think she'll have any problems making it to 300k. And yes, still on the same original clutch, lol

Anyways.... a few pics from my ride home from work today

She's got some battle scars for sure.... but still try and keep her somewhat clean

And of course I had to take the scenic route home. Nothing wrong with that, right??

Still runs smooth and quiet, doesn't burn or leak any oil, no smoke, and starts right up every time

http://youtu.be/1DJXoHTQu6o

From a couple months ago..... had gone a little over on one oil change, this is what drained out after almost 7,000 miles. Doesn't look half bad, I'd say

Anyways.... I'm happy, she's still going strong so I guess we'll continue to see just how far she'll go!
Keep at it man, this really is remarkable. Maybe when you hit the right R&D determined spot, Honda will pay you a nice sum for the bike. So are you overly cautious with your riding? No aggressive starts, no clutch slipping, no shifting close to redline etc?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I care! That's freakin sweet man. I hope my bike makes it a quarter of that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey thirdgenxi did you ever break 300k miles?! Just starting to get into motorcycles and this whole thread was awesome. I hope you are still around and will see this.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Wow!

What a testemant to Honda engineering, and Rad Rage's mechanical prowess!
Wrong person....

I'm sure Jared (thirdgen, not rad rage...) will be here soon with another update!

·
Registered
966 Posts
This thread makes me smile. 120mile a day commute is insane and explains how you've managed so many miles [completely discounting your road trips lol]. I used to think a sportbike with 30k was near its life's end. Glad to say I'm amazed I was wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Absolutely inspiring i just purchased my first honda she was wrecked and left for dead 2 years ago funny about these damn stator side damaged engines mines cracked and leaking oil so shes going to require same surgery not sure if crank is bent tho cuz she fires right but i do know minimum ill have to swap bottom ends however after seeing what all you did im encouraged that i can do this man thanks for sharing

81 - 91 of 91 Posts