Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
my 6rr is great and i wont trade it ever. I might get a 1000rr but only if i finish school and get that job. screw the haters.

S

·
0 Posts
Stupid tree-hugger wrote that lousy article. :crackup: Surely he's got bigger fish to fry.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Meh... he is entitled to his own opinion.

I mean, realistically... you can kill yourself just as easily on a 125cc as you can a 1k, so reducing the cc isn't going to do crap to the ratio. People who don't ride will continue to not look out for riders, people will continue to drink and drive/ride, they will continue to not wear proper riding gear, yadda.. yadda... yadda.

I like how because he use to ride a Harley, he is an authority to the culture of sportbike riding...lol. :crackup:

I would bet, that if he does or did wear a helmet, it was a half helmet and not a full face.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
153 Posts
Forget this guy man let him have his opinions and thoughts none of the sportbike companies are going to stop production over one haggerd old douche thinking his opinion is valid and actually means somthing.
Millions of millions of dollars are made every year off accessories and modifications for liter sportbikes if you took them off the market so many people working in the motorcycle industries would lose there jobs.

If you choose to buy a liter bike then thats your own choice, you have that right its your hard earned money.

He probably high sided or somthing and is to scared to have a liter bike between his legs.

Sucka Free,
-Tommy

·
Registered
107 Posts
i understand his point of view, sometimes I can't believe they allow 1000 cc bikes on the road! (Not that I mind, I plan on owning one eventually) They are so fast compared to anything else. Although I disagree with his opinion, let people ride what they want.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i do agree that there are some people that shouldn't be allowed to throw a leg over a liter bike but why the hell did he bring up the enviorment? i bet any sportbike is more effiecient and "greener" than 99% of cars and Harleys. and id like to know of a bank that would give a 10k loan to a 16 year old minimum wager...ya right

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The last line really got me. Isn't it usually the other way around?
That is what I was thinking! I was talking about this with the two guys I work with. I said I'm sure the number of accidents of motorcyclists hitting someone or causing an accident and the people in the cager getting killed is monumentally less than cagers pulling out in front of, rear ending, T-boning, and however the hell else they can come up with and the motorcyclist getting killed...:roll:

Hell last night I almost got hit head on by a car getting into a left turn lane as I was taking my right turn from a light. They were almost all the way into my lane. It happened so fast I couldn't tell what the **** they were doing that was distracting them but I was like you have got to be sh***ing me! :cursin: It was a good thing I was paying attention. I've been in more near accidents because people in a car weren't paying attention or were just driving carelessly or ******* off than I have been in near accidents because I was speeding or weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed...

·
Registered
358 Posts
This guy is just pissed that he's too fat to ride a sportbike. Eff him. Why don't we just all have mint chocolate chip ice cream? Thats my favorite. Would anyone be mad if thats all there was to choose? Of course. There is a preference. Why not ban cars with more than 98 hp? Oh wait, my 4 cyl Fiero is still plenty quick at 98 hp to kill me.

This guy is a joke. Oblivious cagers kill us more than we do ourselves. Whatever. I'm happy my mommy let me ride my Huffy without a helmet. This world is just too full of pussies. And if me saying "pussies" offends you, go pound salt.

·
Registered
760 Posts
tool.............................

·
Banned
280 Posts
WTF .. I look at this the same way all those pathetic f***'s that were blaming music and video games for the school shootings .... It's not the musics fault nor the gaming industries fault that someone was a product of their surounding's.... Same thing applies to this stupid hippie... by his mentality .. I bet he is anti 2nd amendment as well .. F U !

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's not that he is all wrong. It's just the apocalyptic scenario he describes isn't happening. Sure there will be a few idiots dying at 170mph while running into mom's taking their kids out for pizza but the vast majority of superbike riders who ride on the street won't. The last guy who pissed on his leg must have done it while riding a 1000rr or something. His concept of limiting the legality of riding/purchasing litre bikes based on age sounds akin to some euro style bike restrictions. Not my cup of tea to tell ppl what they can or cannot do (america fu#% yeah) but euros are all about doing the safety dance. Doesn't Britain require more advanced rider courses before you can ride a sports bike over a certain cc?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Call me crazy, but I kind of agree with his "take it to the track" mentality. A lot of these bikes are indeed too ridiculous for the public street. Hell, if you're staying within legal limits, you can't even get the 600RR out of 2nd gear.

Now, I'm not saying I don't enjoy spirited rides on the road, but too many riders think they're superman, never visit the track, and end up splattering themselves on the road. If we're lucky, they end up only hurting themselves. If we're unlucky, they stand the possibility of severely hurting someone else with their reckless behavior.

Just be aware of who you're sharing the road with out there, and be responsible. Save the fast stuff for the track. Maybe I'm getting old. ;)

Edit: Oh, and everyone saying he's too fat to ride sportbikes, etc..., he's actually a motorcycle racer, so RTFA next time.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I agree with everything except for the whole bogus green **** that was just retarded.
I dont see a need for anything larger than a 250 on the street, especially with the large percentage of incompetent riders out there. Sure its not us that cause most of the accidents... but we still do cause some. I especially agree with the take it to the track part.

the dude aint a tool, hes got a point

1 - 20 of 45 Posts