Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

I just wanted to say props to all you guys that drag race our 600s and ride 1000's cause ive had my 600rr for a few days now and have slowly been workin my way up the rev range...after 9k this bike feels like it goes into warp driVe its retarded fast. Ive had a 350 whp turbo scion tC and i thought that was fast...HA! Ive grown up riding dirt bikes and my first motorcycle was a ninja 250 to learn on and holy crap, I found myself yellin holy ****!! with a huge smile on my face when ridin this bike. I havent even gone balls out yet cause its scary just holdin on

Lol alot of you will prolly say damn wat a noob but comin from 150cc and 250cc bikes this is a huuuuuuge change lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yup the 600RR was my first bike without any prior experience and the power was intimidating to me at first. Now I'm 7 months in with 4500 miles of seat time and I'm so much more comfortable now. I thank my MSF instructors and the nice Cali weather that allows me to go out and hone my skills

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad your enjoying it! Just one piece of advice, no matter how comfortable you get on the bike do NOT underestimate it. Moving up to an inline 4 really surprised me and there was a span of time I didn't want to leave first gear when hammering the throttle haha. Have fun and be safe

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Yup the 600RR was my first bike without any prior experience and the power was intimidating to me at first. Now I'm 7 months in with 4500 miles of seat time and I'm so much more comfortable now. I thank my MSF instructors and the nice Cali weather that allows me to go out and hone my skills
Glad your enjoying it! Just one piece of advice, no matter how comfortable you get on the bike do NOT underestimate it. Moving up to an inline 4 really surprised me and there was a span of time I didn't want to leave first gear when hammering the throttle haha. Have fun and be safe

amen to what ^^ that dude said, hahaha,

good to hear your enjoying it, yeah once you start shifting at 10K, you will see some of the true power of this machine, just be sure to grip with your legs, cause if you hold on with your hands, throttle hand you will only GO FASTER, hahahah,

just take it easy and enjoy the power, get really smooth with your throttle so it doesnt buck you off, hahaha,

BAO!!!!!! 4500 miles and we still havent ridden yet!!!!!! WHAT UP!!!!!

Hit me up lets get out there

good luck OP!!!! post some pics, cause we love visuals!

·
Registered
263 Posts
meh... if you don't kill yourself first you will eventually get used to it. then it's just kinda like really good crack and you can never get enough. (that's when it gets even more dangerous)

I started on a 250 too, and thought the exact same thing when I first got my rr. now, 12k miles and 1 year later I find myself chomping at the bit to get to the track to really see what my bitch has got!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont wanna be "that guy" but you get used to it after a while.

It still puts a smile on my face getting on it, especially since i can get the front to lift up shifting into second on fulll throttle and stock gearing, but its nothing like when i first got it.

Enjoy it while it lasts my man:cruising:

oh btw, im about 4 months of actual riding season (i bought it at fall last year) and ive put about 4200 miles on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...im sure its only a matter of time till i get used to it but goddamn its nasty fast!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I second not underestimating the machine. The 600 is more capable than most riders ability. Those guys on 1k's get real butthurt when a 600 passes them on the outside. Power and speed mean NOTHING without control. Learn to ride before you twist the screw. That's what makes it fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts