1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tell me how much you hate lawyers when you get in trouble and face lots of fine's or lot's of poundings in jail

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey I was up in Omah that weekend visiting some freinds. The news said the only thing that stoped him was, after he hit the motorcycles he ran into a parked semi truck. The tv news reporter said and I quote "Those motorcyclist didn't even have a chance!"

My opinion is neither should this guy he was too much of a coward to face his own actions, I say send him to the firing squad. :Machine Gun:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Tell me how much you hate lawyers when you get in trouble and face lots of fine's or lot's of poundings in jail
Gonna have to agree with him here. I want go into the long of it, but my lawyer kept me out of trouble when I most likely would have spent some time in jail. Its not like the lawyer killed 3 people. But yes, that jackass needs to be in jail.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
LAWYERS ARE OUT THERE TO MAKE MONEY ITS UP TO THE JUDGE TO PUT THAT LOSER AWAY :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok....I see the point about the lawyer keeping you out of trouble.....BUT........for the lawyer to argue that he cant remember killing three people??

I'm not a saint by any means, but I dont get in enough trouble that I need a lawyer to keep me out of jail, and I have seen too many lawyers get stupid people like this off with minimal fines and jail time.

It pisses me off that people CAN NOT ACCECT RESPONSABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS. If you have enongh money, there is about no end to the **** you can get away with. When will this country start accepting responsability?

I know that this can be argued for days, but it just makes me mad that this guy is even trying this crap. Its not that far from my home, and just like everyone on here, no one likes to hear the stories about bikers getting hit and dying.

Just last year 5 bikers died close to here because a van driver fell asleep at the wheel and crossed the center line at 65 mph. Head on into a group of harley riders....one or two survived, and they were in intensive care for months. The driver got off with a fine and some probation if I remember correctly. Mainly because he had a good lawyer. He was overworked and tired, so it's not his fault he fell asleep at the wheel.

So, I guess I dont care what everyone else thinks about lawyers, everyone has their own opinion, but i wanted to share this story, cause it upsets me that they are even trying this bullsh*t.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Why get mad at the lawyer when you also have the dumb ass judge and jury that all accpeted that "cant remember" deffence. Lawyers are paid to lie its a proffession, thats why you do not see them take an Oath to speak the truth and nothing but the truth, however Judges and Jury are supposed to be the ones to sift out the ********. More often then not you get some moron Judge or Jury that did the wrong out there, Just think OJ trial =P

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
My two brothers were riding in the area a few hours before this happened. Makes you think - you can be the safest rider in the world' yet it can all end in an instant when some jerk-off does something like this. Read the links at the end of the article above, even the police are being blamed for chasing the guy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
His lawyer is ARGUING that the charges are inappropriate. That doesn't mean that the court will find him not guilty. I guarantee he won't get off lightly. He faces up to 60 years in prison, and I'm willing to bet he serves most of that sentence.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still.....why even argue that...thats bullsh*t.

Even if he doesnt remember doing it, does that mean that he shouldn't be held responsible?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah I agree, that is ********. It's what lawyers do.

I guarantee the judge is going to find him guilty. If he is found innocent, that sets a precadent for cases like this. Next thing you know some heroine addict is going to be all shot up and drunk driving down the road. He'll kill someone and not remember it in the morning, then be turned loose on the grounds that he couldn't remember doing it.

Trust me, he won't be found innocent. At least we can take satisfaction in the fact that he's paying some huge lawyer fees for such a hopeless cause.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe I phrased it the wrong way. I am sure that he will be found guilt....there is no doubt in my mind about that. I just can't grasp why the lawyer would even try to argue that point. The crash was witnessed by how many cops that were chasing him....there is no doubt that he did it. But to argue that he can remember, as to try and reduce the charges??

I dont want to argue about it, its just stupid to me that the laywer is even trying that crap. I hope he has a long life in a shitty little 8x8 cell, or better yet, is put to death, which is what I think should happen to someone like that.

Just my 2 cents. :?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think the whole point that the lawyer is trying to make that punishing someone for something they can't remember is useless. It's like kicking your dog when you find out that 3 days ago and took a **** on your carpet. The dog doesn't know why you're kicking it, so it's not going to learn from its mistake.

Make sense?

And I still agree with you, it's ********.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This whole country is set up for criminals to do whatever the hell they want..... it makes me sick how the bad people get off.....and the good people get screwed. I bet that guy has a criminal record as long as your arm...........Those motorcyclists got killed by a piece of **** who should've been in jail already........I hope he rots in hell.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It pisses me off that people CAN NOT ACCECT RESPONSABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS. If you have enongh money, there is about no end to the s**t you can get away with. When will this country start accepting responsability?

Ditto on that!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts