Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why motorcycle racing gets such crappy coverage. This country is filled with rednecks that think truck racing and nascar rocks

USGP Ratings Are In
seven nascar shows got more viewers
by staff

Monday, July 18, 2005

Our sources at Speed leaked us the Nielsen ratings for the USGP and other Speed programming that ran the same day the USGP was telecast—live mind you.

This data suggests that the USGP was the eighth most-watched show on the network that day.

Essentially, the NASCAR truck race pulled in nearly three times as many viewers that the USGP did on Speed.

Program/Nielsen rating/households

USGP/MotoGP race telecast: .29 = 186,000 households

NCTS race telecast (Nascar trucks) .74 = 477,000 households

Nascar Live (1:00 PM) .62 398,000 households

Nascar Beyond The Wheel .55 = 353,000 households

Nextel Cup Final Practice .47 = 304,000

Nascar Live (7:30 PM) .47 = 304,000 households

Nascar World of Outlaws .32 = 207,000 households

ENDS

N

·
0 Posts
That's not why.

It's because SpeedTV sucks when covering MotoGP. No one wants to see the commercials only to have to watch Sete or Biaggi pass Rossi in a replay....know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Nemesis said:
That's not why.

It's because SpeedTV sucks when covering MotoGP. No one wants to see the commercials only to have to watch Sete or Biaggi pass Rossi in a replay....know what I mean.
This is a very true statement, i was just expressing my frustration of how much time they put into f^%$#[email protected] NASCAR and its offspring.

·
Registered
638 Posts
60,000 were at laguna seca and only another 186,000 watched.. this sucks. speed did an awful job of covering the races. But, its not their fault that the rest of america does not want to watch. now, if it was a race oin Harleys.. that would tempt the Nascar dads..

N

·
0 Posts
I bet you, if MotoGP was covered, commercial free, and if we didn't have to pay for it like that of MotoGPdotcom; and they covered qualifying, interviews, and all the little goodies then you'd see the numbers jump dramatically.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Speed TV should be ashamed of their motorcycle coverage.
They show a race every other Sunday and some on Tuesdays.
Then they turn around and show crap like Texas Hardons..
How stupid.
We wonder how poeple get the negetive personna of motorcyclist,
but look at the crap on TV.
It's either some reused let's build a custom bike(yea right) show.
or the news telling us about stunters gone bad.

Maybe one day we can change that...

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't know what to think. I'm a little confused as to how U.S. racing fans would not enjoy watching the best motorcycle racers in the world compete? With four Americans racing……Hell an American won the race, WTF? Maybe it was not advertised enough I’m clueless as to the attraction of NASCAR only…..

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would say that it needs more advertisment. They need to spread the word. and make it free

C

·
0 Posts
To each his own...I'm used to following obscure sports. I've had to endure the trials of being a hockey fan for years. Part of the appeal is the fact that its not mainstream, in my opinion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I cannot stand watching NASCAR races, and those NASCAR "talk-show" just drive me NUTS. Seriously...watching these cars going around in circle??

1 - 20 of 57 Posts