Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Looks like they just put it on the k stand and took off with it. Was it even strapped down good? I don't even know how i would react to something like that. Just keep a cool head and hopefully it will all get worked out.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using motorcycle.com

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
I shipped a bike from California to Austin and it was flawless, but...they specialized in moving bikes. They came to my house with a big air-ride trailer and we put the bike on a palette and strapped it down. They covered it and secured it in the trailer. 3 days later they came to my new house and we unloaded it.

$500.00 well spent.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Damn that is terrible!!!! I would have a hard time keeping a cool head after seeing that the moment the door opened to the trailer...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I PCSed to Germany from Scott AFB in Aug 2012. I finally received my bike on Oct 17, when they opened the crate to unload it my jaw hit the floor. I had to go pour a glass of Whiskey...immediately, before I opened a can of whoop ass on someone. I also grabbed my camera. I told them not to touch it until I took pictures. All that was holding the bike down was 4 eye bolts in each corner of the crate, with 2 ratchet straps, one around the front and back. There was absolutely no padding what so ever. All they used was a sheet off of a bed. Well it looked as if they rolled it around before loading it to come over to Germany.

Well after calling the travel management office they sent someone out the same day to inspect and take pictures. Then told me I had to call the Transportation Service Provider (TSP), which was AAA moving and storage. They are the ones who originally packed up everything.

After arguing with them they sent a repair shop out to pick up my bike for an estimate. The TSP calls me about a week later and saying we can either give you the money or pay to fix your bike. I asked how much damage was caused and she said $5200 worth. It blew me away! I told her to go ahead and have it fixed cause if I just "cashed out" I probably wouldn't get another bike in Germany and I really want to hit the Autobahn and all the back roads.

So now we get to present time. I called the repair shop today and they said everything is done except for my pro grip tank pad. They stated they can't get that exact part over here so I have to go and pick one out that they have in their catalogs. I told them I wanted the bike to look Identical to what it was before it got trashed. So all my aftermarket parts were bought and our on. So hopefully after almost 5 months without my baby she will soon be home. Then I just have to wait for the snow to disappear and the weather to get out of the 20's.

Ok I know that was a long rant but I hope you learn from my experience and have them pack the bike in front of you. One mistake I did was let them load it in a "Uhaul" type truck to take it back to their warehouse to build a crate for it...bad idea.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
Ok I know that was a long rant but I hope you learn from my experience and have them pack the bike in front of you. One mistake I did was let them load it in a "Uhaul" type truck to take it back to their warehouse to build a crate for it...bad idea.
Worth a long rant. I'd be more than pissed. They packed mine while I watched, and it arrived exactly as packed.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Wow. At least they owned up to it with little argument. In many cases like this you would see people pointing fingers. Glad you got everything solved.

·
Registered
913 Posts
A Co worker of mine moved from Hawaii to Cali And took his ducati to the local dealership to have them pack it in a shipping crate like they do from the factory. Hey added extra bracing and support and the bike came out flawless.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well here is an update for everyone. I went to check out my bike today cause I called the shop and they said 1 part was missing or it would be finished. So I went there to check their work and pick out a tank grip. I am pretty happy with everything, so my baby will be coming home next week as soon as the TSP pays them. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1360839878.962937.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1360839919.977054.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1360839933.096816.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts