Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been wondering does anyone know how to look up the fatality rate of motorcycle riders. As current info as possible, I just want to know if the numbers support all the negativity spoken-.:icon_stud

·
Registered
182 Posts
you can google the studies done in the states... the real facts are that the older generation on larger displacement bikes are at a higher chance of being involved in fatal accident then any other group and age of any other riders...

i had the page booked marked let me see if i can find it again..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just keep reading clips that state that the fatality rates are up. Compared to what, and does that percentage represent the difference between riders and car drivers.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
are there more fatalities due to the fact there are more bikes on the road than ever?? whats the % per bikes on the road is what you need to look at

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
you should also compare how many bikes that are on the road now to how many there was 10 or 15 years ago.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
you can google the studies done in the states... the real facts are that the older generation on larger displacement bikes are at a higher chance of being involved in fatal accident then any other group and age of any other riders...

i had the page booked marked let me see if i can find it again..
Our local paper had stats for norcal, and like 95% were older folks on harleys. They don't react as quickly, dont handle as well, and usually its baby boomers with a lower % of M1 certs. Most sportbike riders in our area grew up on bikes, and have HAD to take MSF classes just to get a license/bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts