Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be stupid, but do me a favor... *dont bother*

So apparently this dude is giving away MS points for Xbox live. No idea if its legit or not but a friend of mine posted it and I thought I would give it a try. Just click the link and supposedly after 10 people click I get a free code. Read the site, tell me what you think. Maybe Im a tard, but hey what have I got to lose.

*link removed*

edit*
Please tell me if you have clicked it so I know when I get to 10. Then if it doesnt work I will remove the link and admit my stupidity.

edit*
Ok so I admit my failure, got 12 clicks and no dice. Its an intersting site because there are no popups, nothing to download, and no requests for personal info. I am not sure what this guys angle is other than to see how many people will click it. Oh well, Im gonna remove the link so no one else does it.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
ill click on it, but if my virus software as much as even squeeks im gonna drive across the country and steal your MS points.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
ok done and any points you may recieve are safe, BTW if this works ill get in on it and post in this thread, it could be like an exchange program. :shakehand

·
Registered
123 Posts
No, no, no! Stepto (you know him, right? The guy in charge of XBLA enforcement?) was on a podcast at Pax East a few weeks ago pleading with people to tell everyone that this was a scam. Don't do it!

They buy packages and give the points to a few people. But it's a giant scam overall.

Bri

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a scam? Whats the payoff? I didnt have to give them a card number or even an e mail address... So whats in it for him. I guess i will go look it up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Stepto said they were using the info to hack people's XBLA accounts. Check it out yourself - he was talking about it on Major Nelson's podcast.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I went and looked it up, or at least what I could find. Nothing..... I would never give anyone my credit card number, email, passwords or anything else. This site so far has not asked for any of that. He has a legit sounding story and all you do is post the link and get people to click it. Then it will put a code up on the screen for you to enter on Xbox Live to redeem for points. So unless he is just trying to go for the record of how many people click on his site I dont see what he would go through all the trouble for.

I checked it with my virus software so if I can just get 4 more clicks I can tell you if its a scam or not. It really doesnt look like one. Either way Ill be the guinea pig cause I am kinda bored tonight so please click it.

*edit
By the way I did find the scam your are talking about but this one is entirely different from what I can tell

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep em coming Im at 8 out of 10! We all find out soon either how smart....or incredibly dumb I am.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
come on! 2 more people click this stupid thing so I can figure it out and go to bed, I know as a fact 62 of you have viewed it, so CLICK IT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts