Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BOTM winner 8/13
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the fox fire ghostery add on and noticed that at even given time on this site at least eight programs are tracking what your looking at. I blocked them all which you only have to do once with the add on, but just thought others should know.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
I don't know why but this song cane to mind haha

·
Registered
103 Posts
I added the fox fire ghostery add on and noticed that at even given time on this site at least eight programs are tracking what your looking at. I blocked them all which you only have to do once with the add on, but just thought others should know.
And now they know I saw this, which means I am now aware that the actions I make are being watched, which also means everything I do from now on can be used against me as premeditation... :retard:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
They do it to target you with specific advertisement. I figured that out when I made that thread about going to Orlando and than out of no where I started getting various ads for stuff in Orlando every time I would post in that thread.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You're on the interwebs dude. Nothing is private and it lives forever. Everybody is tracking and trying to figure out a way to sell or exploit your info.

·
BOTM winner 8/13
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ghostery add on tells you who and how to block them, and it's easy to do. You will have to use Fire Fox with that add on. I know every site does one way or another, it's another way they get paid. I have no problem with it, just pointing it out.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
There are tons of different add ons that do that. You're basically blocking scripts. I honestly don't know how so many people can use any internet browser without using Ad Blocker Plus and any form of script blocking. Makes browsing so much more pleasant, especially on this site.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I clearly suck at the internet.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts