Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning I have my appointment to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm really not looking forward to it. At least I get to be knocked out but I'm such a vag when it comes to dental/mouth pain. I've been putting it off for about 10 years so I'm LONG overdue

For those who have had it done... Is it really that bad or am I having anxiety for nothing?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tomorrow morning I have my appointment to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm really not looking forward to it. At least I get to be knocked out but I'm such a vag when it comes to dental/mouth pain. I've been putting it off for about 10 years so I'm LONG overdue

For those who have had it done... Is it really that bad or am I having anxiety for nothing?
I woke up and ate toast and cereal. No swelling, no bruising. They had to go digging for two of my wisdom teeth at that. No problem. Kinda weird since I have a vag and all. Maybe that was the secret?

Anyway, I hope it's all good and you heal up quick. Be positive: it only has to be done once! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got mine done 8 years ago and it wasnt that bad. Just dont go out drinking the next night and eat all your pain killers before your gums heal. I got dry socket from beer and they had to pack my gums with gaws. Good thing for a high pain tollerance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had all four removed before they were even coming out.. tooth was hurting, they thought it was pressure from my wisdom teeth..wasn't... oh well, same day i was eating like normal.. nothing happen to me

·
Registered
785 Posts
as long as they knock you out you'll be okay.

i have the same anxiety when it comes to anything dental related. i have the feeling right now just typing about it.

but don't worry. you'll probably feel pain while it's being done, but not THAT painful thanks to the anesthetics.

i had 2 taken out 2 years ago. you'll survive. smoothies is helpful for the next few days.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Damn, when I got mine out in bootcamp I was awake when they did it. They numbed my ****, but I was wide awake. It was weird....

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had all four wisdom teeth removed two days before Thanksgiving, my favorite dinner of the year! I was prescribed some kind of strong pain killer, but I only took it once, the day that I actually had the surgery. It just was not needed. I took Motrin for the next following days, whenever it was needed. You'll be fine man. I was able to eat my Thanksgiving dinner too. Just had to be careful.

The most annoying thing (IMO) is the holes that are left in your mouth for a month or two. Food gets stuck there and it is a pain to get out (not to be gross). I had a water pick in the house and used that (on gentle setting) to help clean out the holes :)

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
337 Posts
4 hours after I had mine removed while I was at bootcamp I was back to get F'd up by the drill instructors and the only thing they gave me was Tylenol. So stop acting like a vag :retard:

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
no not bad at all.. i had mine done just a few months ago (i am 25) and they gave me some sort of new anasthetic where they say that was consicious and able to answer their questions, follow their instructions, etc.... but to me I was asleep the whole time.... the best part was when they first gave me the anasthetic i started feeling really good, then I started feeling great,, then I started feeling like it was christmas morning with morphine and motorcycles.. the stuff was unbelievable... after waking up you are still frozen and they give you pain killers.. I would say the only bad part is you cant eat all the food you want,, but it only took me two days till i started eating some solid foods ( carefully).. you will be good man dont worry

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys... Some of those responses were awesome "christmas morning with morphine and motorcycles" LOL

It will be all good... I'm just being a pu$$ about it

Any chance that they'll let me take the teeth home with me? I've heard that they're pretty F-ing big and I'd like to be awake enough to check 'em out!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Bro, it's not bad at all. I had all four of mine took out at the same time as well. Mine were all impacted so they actually had to drill them out of the side of my gums and then stitch them back up. The anesthesia MIGHT catch up to you when you first wake up. They give you some perks and for my meals for 2 weeks I bought two large chocolate frosties from wendy's and that lasted me. haha good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Damn, when I got mine out in bootcamp I was awake when they did it. They numbed my ****, but I was wide awake. It was weird....
same here gave me pain pills but my D.I took them had to dig for one of them but i woke up then next morning and ate an apple the only thing was they were bleeding for like 1 1/2 months after that

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had mine taken out while I was awake because my insurance wouldn't cover the anesthetic. They numbed it so i didn't feel any pain, but I could feel the drill vibrating through my head. I didn't have too much swelling and was fine the next day so you'll do fine.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My gay ass dentist refuse to put me to sleep. I sat through the entire thing, seeing hammers and wrenches grinding my teeth away. I could hear my my teeth cracking as they try to yank that **** out. They had to cut my gums cause they were growing out sideways. The bleeding stopped two weeks later. Make sure NOT to leave that place without a prescription for some vicodin.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I got mine taken out when I was 15 but I think the procedure really depends on the state of your wisdom teeth. If they are fairly accessible, its probably not too bad. All four of mine were in my jaw still so they have to go in and take them out in pieces. I was put under for the procedure. Immediately after the surgery wasn't bad at all. It was a little painful for a few hours that day but overall it wasn't too bad. This didn't happen to me but they warn you not to suck on anything for the risk of causing a dry socket. If I remember correctly, that is where the clot that has formed where the tooth was removed comes out. This is supposed to be very painful and it happened to my roommate in college. Did not look enjoyable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had all four of mine taken out at the same time. Whatever they gave me it was freakin great. Could feel a bit of pressure but no pain at all. My wife got to assist the oral surgeon because she was a third year dental student at the time. I guess two of the teeth were impacted and a real bitch to remove. The oral surgeon told my wife two of them were some of the most difficult he had ever taken out LOL. I wanted to drive home and they wouldn't let me LOL. Everything was fine after a day or so. Don't worry it's a piece of cake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got mine taken out when I was 15 but I think the procedure really depends on the state of your wisdom teeth. If they are fairly accessible, its probably not too bad. All four of mine were in my jaw still so they have to go in and take them out in pieces. I was put under for the procedure. Immediately after the surgery wasn't bad at all. It was a little painful for a few hours that day but overall it wasn't too bad. This didn't happen to me but they warn you not to suck on anything for the risk of causing a dry socket. If I remember correctly, that is where the clot that has formed where the tooth was removed comes out. This is supposed to be very painful and it happened to my roommate in college. Did not look enjoyable.

A good idea is to make sure you get one of those blunt type syringes (without the pointy part of course) to irrigate the empty sockets of any food particles.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts