Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering for everything that leaves their bike outside, what cover do you use? I use a Nelson rigg one that was handed me down from my bro and its fading and i dont like the material its made out of. It's starting to leave fine line scratches in my paint that im gonna have to take out. Any suggestions of a water proof and nice soft material motorcycle cover.?

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use a dowco guardian. It's 100% UV protectant and has a vent that allows moisture to leave. It's also got soft fabric on the inside of the front to protect the headlights and such.
I use an enormous chain lock that's wrapped in kevlar. This is all inside a carport off the side of the house.

·
Registered
283 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
I use a dowco guardian. It's 100% UV protectant and has a vent that allows moisture to leave. It's also got soft fabric on the inside of the front to protect the headlights and such.
I use an enormous chain lock that's wrapped in kevlar. This is all inside a carport off the side of the house.
I got that cover too and like it. Came with one of those carrying packs that I never use because its too hard to fold the cover into it. :)

Its dark, thick, and doesn't shout out "expensive bike for you to steal" like the manufacturer ones.

·
Registered
146 Posts
some of my buddies that live in apartments rent storage units for 20.00 a mounth close to thier house..They store the bike all year inside and out of harms way and the weather. they normally just leave there car at the storage place while they are out riding. and the other lazy half stor them in my garage

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My cover is pretty sick! I custom made it...

it says 'steal me' on it... and it's actually just a piece of computer paper! cost me about .3 cents to make, cheap stuff!

all I do is just slap that **** on my seat and leave my bike outside for many hours at a time... my bike has YET to be stolen yet though :(

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
I have the standard CoverMax cover and it seems to do the job. However, my bike sits on my first floor apartment patio somewhat covered from the elements by the decks above. It goes into storage in a garage when the snow flies.

I've also got it anchored with a Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit chain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts