Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the situation. I have an 05 Red RR and I want to turn it into a tribal I ordered a tribal decal kit from Ron Ayers but the issue I have is that the 05 tribal kit has a gray back ground to it around the tribal design.

As you can see the gray back ground has to be there for the tribal decal to show up b/c black on black would be pointless. This is the kit I was sent the black w/ gray back ground.

I am thinking that the 06 tribal kit does not have any other colors in it and just has the black tribal design

I know the tank decal is orange but I can get around it. From the looks there is not outline of any orange around the decal kit and its all just pure black design. Can any of you guys w/ the 06 orange tribal confirm this for me?

Thank You.

This is how I want the bike to look, just all black design w/ no other colors for an outline or back ground.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes sir, the orange is on the sticker........what he said^^^^^^

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well frack that sucks. I do have one other Idea though. There is a place that cuts decals and they use the good 3M stuff like the OEM decals are made out of. Im thinking of taking the kit I have now from Ron Ayers down there and seeing if they can use the laser tracer and cut out the same decal pattern. Looks like this is my last shot at it, I wont get another set off the after market kits b/c they are junk compared to OEM

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
search for this guy on e-bay

greatbuys13

he's got honda replica decals
in tribal in a variety of colors.
Ive gone the non OEM aftermarket route before and the decals were junk, very thin and did not stick worth a crap to the bike. Im not saying his are the same way but for $75 VS $200+ for OEM Id beg to differ if they were great quality. Its a roll of the dice when it comes to quality on non OEM and just not something Im willing to chance again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not OEM but they seem to be well respected and have some decent stuff... Just an option for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts