Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the vortex sliders and my bike hasn't gone down yet but I really don't want to buy new sliders. I'm only concerned about what's under the fairings so would cutting down the sliders or even removing the plastic cylinder do any good? I'm not really sure what's breaking?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
removing the sliders or cutting them wont do you any good if god forbid you go down i have them on my bike and after i dropped it all i had to replace was the puc its self for $ 16.00 the base was not damaged neither did any other parts on my bike if and if you do not like the vortex buy yourself another brand all together this way you will have enough protection good luck man :bounce:

·
Registered
525 Posts
i personally don't like the vortex sliders. had them on my bike, went down, and i think it contributed to the damages, other than saving the sides. the pucks stuck out so much that the left side dug into the ground while sliding and flipped the bike over, causing unnecessary damage to the front, tank and tail... i've got yoyodynes, now...

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I've also considered shortening my Vortex's about an inch and a half or so. It should be an improvement. I haven't had to use the vortex yet but I had thought from day 1 that they are just too long.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to shroten mine. It can't hurt I don't think. Has anyone had the slider break off a piece of the frame. I think I heard about that a while back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts