Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put your after after market exhaust on, did you leave the heat shield off that covers the mid pipe?

I was thinking that my right ankle will get kind of hot with out that heat shield there? I was also thinking that it could potentially heat up the rear brake line too?

So what do you say, put the heat shield back on or leave it off?

Here is my new slip on ;) (click on the pic)

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
OEM Heat Shields

I've experienced no problems whatsoever since removing both the upper and lower heat shields. That said I still have a carbon fibre exhaust guard fitted.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Had both heat shields removed on the 600 for 10k miles. No issues with anything and you'll never even notice the heat if you wear full riding boots.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of putting it back on.. But damn it I can get it to line back up lol...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I have no hear shields, and still have the stock exhaust. I don't experience any problems, so I don't expect slip-ons to have problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I painted mine black and left it on
That's what I did yesterday. I painted it black, but now I cannot get the damn thing to line back up...

Oh well, guess I'll jsut leave it off

·
Registered
254 Posts
Spray painted mine with black barbeque paint and put it back on. I'd rather be on the safe side. Just one less thing for me to worry about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts