Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pair of riding jeans for the daily commute to work. Something I can just wear on the site but are more comfortable and well made than your average pair of jeans.
I have leathers but they are too much of a pain to change out of every time I get to the construction site.

Longer pants would be a plus.

Anyone have any ideas and or experience with a good riding jean?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
rock the skinnies! the skinny jeans mang.
they fit tight and wont rub around your skin when you tumble around.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i came off my bike at 40/45mph, wearing the kevlar lined jeans. Skidded down the asphalt on my ass/side, and i can say from 1st hand experience that they may offer no impact protection, they were awesome in abrasion resistance, the jean fabric itself ripped apart in 1 second and all that was between the asphalt and the whole back of my leg/ass was the 3-4mm thick kevlar, i got no road rash at all!!
i also thought it was a gimmick, but i was proven wrong. i ve seen aweful road rash at 20mph! and was shocked that they literally saved my ass, especially at that speed. the kevlar didnt even dis-integrate. To this day i still cant believe. i even kept the jeans to remind myself. i can take pic if you like. lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
i got a pair of a* rodeo jeans, its thicker around the knees and it comes with like shock absorbing pads.. even though i don't rock the pads cuz it makes me look like a hockey goalie..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know some people who wear draggin jeans. They are a well known brand and I usually go for the bigger brands since they usually have a reputation to uphold. Obviously, they are worse than textile and leather; saying it's worse is like beating a dead horse. However, if you plan on wearing jeans regardless, it would be a lot safer to wear kevlar riding jeans.

On a personal note, you can find some nice, stylish textile pants that are even form fitting if you're into that. There are even textile pants that can easily be put on over jeans or short and taken off as easily. You finish your ride, take them off, and your in your daily pants; just have to figure out where to keep your riding pants.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a pair of Joe Rocket Rocket Jeans. They are thick w/ kevlar lining and stetch panels in the waist and above the knees. I like them and wear them when riding to work. I wear a 32" in jeans and the 32" rocket jeans were a little tight in the waist. I'd order one size up in the waist. Also, the knee pads are useless. They don't line up correctly over my knees. I just wear them without the knee pads. I've had my jeans for over a year. Maybe the 2010 model has improved the knee pads placement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. After checking around I decided to go with 08RedCBR's pick and order a pair of the Joe Rocket Jeans. Ordered a size larger. Now we play the waiting game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts