Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoughts on personalized license plates? I just impulsively put the nickname my close friend's call me on it, I don't want to look like a tool to other bikers. My buds think it's funny as the nickname is an inside joke, nothing vulgar. I don't want to be viewed as a poser and lose respect though. Other than it being a waste of my money what do you guys think, or should I just wear it with pride

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's B-ROD, not too descriptive... obviously more so then a generic DMV tag though. My bike has a unique paintjob on the fairings tho, so if someone sees my bike they'll know it's me before they are the plate

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed, ghey and funny.. anyone else put custom plates on? I see a lot of weekend warriors with them lol

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Lose respect? seriously? Do you like it? Then who the f*ck cares what guys on a forum that you'll likely never meet think? Lets be honest there is a significant amount of dbags that ride sport bikes that ruin it for everyone else so you're already skylined for douchebaggery regardless of your plate

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
If I had a spare $500 to waste I would probably get some.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Lose respect? seriously? Do you like it? Then who the f*ck cares what guys on a forum that you'll likely never meet think? Lets be honest there is a significant amount of dbags that ride sport bikes that ruin it for everyone else so you're already skylined for douchebaggery regardless of your plate
+1

If I had a spare $500 to waste I would probably get some.
seriously? what a rip off

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
500 lol. Its 50 here i think..

If u want it do it. If i was loaded I'd do it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright apreciate the input ! I'm gonna keep the plates I guess it ain't a big deal... and I paid 30 for the plate in nc

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It's a personal choice that only you can decide if it's worth it or not. In my youth I had them on a few vehicles but after a few years the novelty wears off.

My other reason for not doing it is that's it's much harder for someone to say "officer, that red bike with, ah, shoot it was red and black and had a bunch of numbers on the plate, didn't get to catch all of them, maybe a 7 in it? is riding too fast" than "there was a guy with '2FAST' on his plate that passed me on the double yellow line". A personalized plate is a lot easier to remember and to catch your eye for both good and bad reasons.

YMMV.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I personalized my plate on one of my cars a few years ago. I wouldn't do it again. Makes me feel like I'm too into myself... Truth be told, I am, however I wish not to enhance or advertise it further, lol.

With this said, it's good to try it out if you haven't before...

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
I had my nickname on my bike. It was half and half some ppl loved it some hated it. I did see random ppl taking pics of it by the lights so i had fun with it, but im the type that doesnt really give a **** what ithers think. Its your bike do what u want its the internet youll always have ppl that will talk **** about it.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,767 Posts
i never bothered, most of the ones people get are absolutely retarded. **** like 2fast4u etc.

if i had to get one it'd probably be designed specifically to be hard to read, like EFEEF or something

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I think vanity plates are awesome, depending on what it says. I allways toyed around with the idea of getting "Ginger" for my bike (orange tribal 600RR) and "Blacura" for my car (black Acura tsx).

But I always thought the hard to read/remember ones were cool too, such as "0OO00O0" or "WVVWVVW"

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
I think vanity plates are awesome, depending on what it says. I allways toyed around with the idea of getting "Ginger" for my bike (orange tribal 600RR) and "Blacura" for my car (black Acura tsx).

But I always thought the hard to read/remember ones were cool too, such as "0OO00O0" or "WVVWVVW"
My buddy got his that said mmnmnmn or something along those lines. But now i heard theyre making them harder to get.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Even though I won't ever opt for a personalized license plate again, it's fun to read others...

One time I read, "RU L8 2" on an R35 GT-R... That was pretty funny, lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts