Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know too much about him but from what I've researched on him I've liked. Any thoughts from our members here on him?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Personally, I REALLY like Paul Ryan. He's very forward, blunt and tells you how he feels. No pandering, no BS, just the facts.

Granted, he (like everyone) has somethings in his past and voting record that I don't like, but he's FAR better than our current administration.

And he counters all but one thing that bothered me about Romney. So I am 100% for the Romney/Ryan ticket now!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I REALLY like Paul Ryan. He's very forward, blunt and tells you how he feels. No pandering, no BS, just the facts.

Granted, he (like everyone) has somethings in his past and voting record that I don't like, but he's FAR better than our current administration.

And he counters all but one thing that bothered me about Romney. So I am 100% for the Romney/Ryan ticket now!
I agree. From the research I've done I agree. I'm gonna look into becks stuff

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I know this, he blasted the stimulus as wasteful, but then asked for millions of dollars from it, saying that it would help to create thousands of jobs in his state. He also has blasted the affordable care act for cutting money from Medicaid when his party is clamoring for cuts to such programs, and while his budget plan would gut Medicaid of billions of dollars.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018921449_apusryanstimulusspending.html?syndication=rss
On your medicare claims, the Romney/Ryan plan does NOT gut medicare. You need to look at the actual facts. Try to get your info from the source, not a 3rd party news group that has a bias.

If you leave medicare, medicaid and social security the way they are, they are completely dissolved!

Medicare is completely bankrupt in under 12 years. At the current spending rates they estimate it could be less than 8 years by next year.

Medicaid was something like 15 years, don't quote me because I don't have the actual data in front of me.

Social security is reported (by the CBO) to be bankrupt in 2033 (or sooner depending on spending level, inflation, etc...).

So it's let them completely dissolve, OR try to fix them.

Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On your medicare claims, the Romney/Ryan plan does NOT gut medicare. You need to look at the actual facts. Try to get your info from the source, not a 3rd party news group that has a bias.

If you leave medicare, medicaid and social security the way they are, they are completely dissolved!

Medicare is completely bankrupt in under 12 years. At the current spending rates they estimate it could be less than 8 years by next year.

Medicaid was something like 15 years, don't quote me because I don't have the actual data in front of me.

Social security is reported (by the CBO) to be bankrupt in 2033 (or sooner depending on spending level, inflation, etc...).

Which do you prefer?
Yup with you on this. Jbeck did what I did on the homeowners tax. Got 3rd party info. I was right on some stuff but the site I linked had false statements. Very similar thing to what I did jbeck.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Which do you prefer?
If you look above, I only mentioned Medicaid. And I'm not saying that they don't need fixing. I only pointed out that he blasted "Obamacare" for making some cuts while trying to fix it, but then his plan would basically do the same thing. The difference, the Ryan plan would give states a block grant with an annual cap that would be adjusted to population growth and inflation. I don't know about you, but last I checked, the cost of healthcare was going up by more than inflation. Not only that, but basing increases on population growth is just dumb. If the population goes down, there would be less money for that state for Medicaid. Since when is poverty tied to population?

Oh, and no one commented on him requesting federal funds from a program that he called wasteful.

Yup with you on this. Jbeck did what I did on the homeowners tax. Got 3rd party info. I was right on some stuff but the site I linked had false statements. Very similar thing to what I did jbeck.

The story I linked to had nothing to do with Medicaid, Medicare, or SS.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts

It's actually what most people do. It's understandable, I mean it's much easier to listen to what someone is willing to tell you than to try to search it out from the various sources.

That goes for anything, whether it's budgets, bills, laws, taxes, revenue, unemployment rate, etc... It's easier to get the info from a news website than it is from the administration that publishes it.

I mean you can get it all at one spot instead of several.

But that means you have to take it with a grain of salt, because EVERYTHING comes with a slant. The further down the line you get your info the more slants can be applied to it.

Go straight to the source!

·
Registered
795 Posts
It's actually what most people do. It's understandable, I mean it's much easier to listen to what someone is willing to tell you than to try to search it out from the various sources.

That goes for anything, whether it's budgets, bills, laws, taxes, revenue, unemployment rate, etc... It's easier to get the info from a news website than it is from the administration that publishes it.

I mean you can get it all at one spot instead of several.

But that means you have to take it with a grain of salt, because EVERYTHING comes with a slant. The further down the line you get your info the more slants can be applied to it.

Go straight to the source!
So where did you get your posted information above? I seen no sources for your information.

Also, it's funny that your trying to bash me for something that I did not do.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
If you look above, I only mentioned Medicaid. And I'm not saying that they don't need fixing. I only pointed out that he blasted "Obamacare" for making some cuts while trying to fix it, but then his plan would basically do the same thing. The difference, the Ryan plan would give states a block grant with an annual cap that would be adjusted to population growth and inflation. I don't know about you, but last I checked, the cost of healthcare was going up by more than inflation. Not only that, but basing increases on population growth is just dumb. If the population goes down, there would be less money for that state for Medicaid. Since when is poverty tied to population?

Oh, and no one commented on him requesting federal funds from a program that he called wasteful.
Correct sir, you only mentioned Medicaid, but they are all in the same boat. Every single one of them.

And he blasted PPACA for a long list of VALID reasons, not just the cutting of funds to Medicare. $716 billion dollars worth.

The difference between them is what they funds do once cut. In PPACA they are used to cover increase costs to the general healthcare fund. Done while mandating the state increase the roll to the program (which was struck down by SCOTUS). Where as the Ryan plan didn't spend the funds elsewhere.

But this really doesn't matter as he's acknowledged that we, the people, didn't like that. And they have a new revised plan that puts that fund back in Medicare.

And as far as the remaining system, you don't have to take part in the voucher system. You can chose to remain in the existing system if you want, it's YOUR option.

And that only applies to people 54 and younger, everyone else doesn't get touched at all.

But, since you are demonizing the Ryan proposal, you apparently think we should stick with the "Obama way?"

·
Registered
795 Posts
And that only applies to people 54 and younger, everyone else doesn't get touched at all.

But, since you are demonizing the Ryan proposal, you apparently think we should stick with the "Obama way?"
If it's such a good plan, then why do they have to keep telling seniors that it's not going to affect them, just younger people?

And what is the "Obama way"? I didn't know he created medicaid.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
So where did you get your posted information above? I seen no sources for your information.

Also, it's funny that your trying to bash me for something that I did not do.
My information on the Ryan plan is from the Ryan bill, I have it on my iPad. The original, not the revised. I don't think they have released it yet. Ryan said he wanted to have more open discussions about it before including any more details.

Do you need a copy of the Ryan plan? Shoot me your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Happily.

And I wasn't trying to bash you, I apologize if it came off that way, I didn't intend it that way. Just expressed that everyone should get their info from the source.

Oh and you asked about people not commenting on the topic about taking funds from a plan he bashed. If you were a congressman of a district, and you voted against a bill but it passed anyway which had billions in earmarks, would you not attempt to at least try to salvage some of it for your district?

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't want it spent, but if your going to spend it on anything I am going to try to use it to the best of my abilities. And try to fight it again on the next vote.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh and you asked about people not commenting on the topic about taking funds from a plan he bashed. If you were a congressman of a district, and you voted against a bill but it passed anyway which had billions in earmarks, would you not attempt to at least try to salvage some of it for your district?

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't want it spent, but if your going to spend it on anything I am going to try to use it to the best of my abilities. And try to fight it again on the next vote.
Not if it's something I ran against and am fundamentally against, which he is/was. That's a pretty major flaw with politicians these days. Say your against something, but then clamor for it for personal gain (re-election anyone). Especially when it comes to money and you run on a platform of cutting spending.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Not if it's something I ran against and am fundamentally against, which he is/was. That's a pretty major flaw with politicians these days. Say your against something, but then clamor for it for personal gain (re-election anyone). Especially when it comes to money and you run on a platform of cutting spending.
And you're absolutely entitled to that. But, you also have to remember that your constituents paid their taxes into that money that's being handed out. If you're my representative and my money goes to another district, we are going to have issues.

First I want it in my pocket (as in don't take it from me) but if that fails, you better bring it home.

We are both entitled to our opinions. And I respect yours AND understand your point of view.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts