Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Hello. I recently picked up a 2008 CBR600RR Euro spec from Tokyo (had 2000KM on it). That said, I dont have a user manual for it. Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't mean the maintenance manual but the one that should come with the new bike.

2. I bought the reimport because the Japanese version is not full power. However, I heard the US version is slightly more powerful than the Euro one. Does anyone know how to get a spec comparison? I can't find one online.

3. I am having trouble "launching" the bike (from zero) quickly. It seems I always have to let the clutch out slowly and if I don't, it stalls. That's fine to take off slowly, but I want to take off fast sometimes. I watched some races on youtube and it sounds like people rev up the bike a lot before they release the clutch. Does anyone have any pointers on how to launch fast without stalling?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
101 Posts
1. Hello. I recently picked up a 2008 CBR600RR Euro spec from Tokyo (had 2000KM on it). That said, I dont have a user manual for it. Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't mean the maintenance manual but the one that should come with the new bike.

2. I bought the reimport because the Japanese version is not full power. However, I heard the US version is slightly more powerful than the Euro one. Does anyone know how to get a spec comparison? I can't find one online.

3. I am having trouble "launching" the bike (from zero) quickly. It seems I always have to let the clutch out slowly and if I don't, it stalls. That's fine to take off slowly, but I want to take off fast sometimes. I watched some races on youtube and it sounds like people rev up the bike a lot before they release the clutch. Does anyone have any pointers on how to launch fast without stalling?

Thanks for any help!
Not sure about the specs for US vs Euro...but the launching from a stop will come with experience. Get more comfortable with the bike and you will learn where the friction point is with the clutch and what RPMs will be needed.

Be safe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm sure you can order a manual from your Honda dealer. You can get anything from them. For a price of course. I have no idea on the power comparison, but my rationale would be that of the three specs the Euro one would be the least powerful since I believe their emission standards are much more stringent than the US.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Dude...number 3 is just like a car...you need some throttle to keep the clutch from stalling out the motor. These are basics which should be learned before moving to a Supersport. Sounds like you're gonna get hurt on this bike. I would reconsider and buy the right bike for you!

·
Registered
606 Posts
1 - local dealer? try eBay? you can prob find a downloadable PDF somewhere?

2 - not sure. its fast as hell anyways :)

3 - it takes time. the way i tend to do it is slip the clutch a little quicker, but also give it a bit more throttle. i don't mean 10,000RPMs, but just a tad bit more and you could hear the engine working, oncethe bike starts moving more and more, u can let it out quicker and more throttle, just becareful and don't loop it. i use this when im inbetween cars at a red light and 1 of them tries to take off faster than me on purpose. No matter what car it is, i always get off the line quicker :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts