Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new/used engine in my 07' and it runs good. The engine has 87 miles on it and still needs to be broken in.

I'm having issues with the throttle while i'm on the road testing. When i'm on the throttle everything is smooth. When I let totally OFF the throttle, everything is also smooth. However, when i let off the throttle a LITTLE but not all the way, I get this jerking feeling in the trottle feeling like I can't keep it smooth. It's nothting dangerous but I want to be able to adjust for this problem. I tried the simple throttle adjustment on the handle bars but I havn't gone back into my throttle body at all. My chain is a little loose but not too bad. Could this be an issue?

Please let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Meaning the slow movement of the throttle feels jerky or the bike feels jerky?

If the throttle itself feels jerky... maybe you routed the cables wrong?

If the bike feels jerky... a loose chain certainly doesn't help. What RPMs does it feel jerky around? If it's right around 3K... then it's the exhaust valve opening and closing. Adjust your chain will help, and it's hard to hold the R's at 3K especially in first gear.

Sorry if I said stuff that you already know but I don't fully understand what you mean.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT could be the exhaust valve opening and closing. I put the spring back on but took the servo out. Think this is what's causing it?

My throttle is really quick and very responsive. Not like it used to be. If I hold the throttle opened and then slowly let the trottle off, there's a point were it just CUTS OFF immediately and if I try to hold it between off and on, the throttle is unstable.

Could this be because I removed the servo?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Man, I don't know... I've left my '07 pretty much stock. I guess one way to find out is to put the servo back in and see if it fixes it. I'm sure people have taken them out but I don't know what is required. It may be simple... or as complex and putting in a PC and a custom map to correct for the different exhaust.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Glad to hear you got it. Yea with the push/pull throttle cable system... you can make one cable too tight and they will put tension on each other. Tighten one... loosen the other. thanks for posting the fix... it will help people in the future.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WELP ~!!! it kinda sucks because I THOUGHT I fixed it. It's def. better but now at about 6.5 to 7000 RPMs, I get the erratic throttle control again. I'm thinking it's my FLAP from the exhaust servo. I'm gonna try and wire it opened and see if it works. I feel like right around 7000 RPM's the flap is catching and is trying to close and the spring is springing it back to the open position, thus making the erratic throttle control.

Kinda like "yut-uh-yut-uh-yut-uh".

If this doesn't work i'm going to take off the gas tank and air box and take a look at my throttle connections. ( I hate messing with those! )

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, it would open and close at 3 if it were connected to the servo but it's disconnected and just has the spring attached to it so I'm thinking that it might just be catching at 7000.

OH AND TO RAWRR AND murphdog1411:
CLICK HERE

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Why don't you have the servo hooked up? Removing the flap and servo is only a HP gain up to 3K RPMs. Other than that... it's more trouble to remove it cause it doesn't help anything.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
your remembering to make the sound when trying to whoolie right? "YUT-UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" hahahahaa

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone put the servo BACK on after taking it off? It seems like a pretty precise job to get right.

I'm still having trouble with my throttle being VERY jerky and having some erratic throttle between 6 and 7000 rpms.

I've adjusted my throttle at the throttle body and at the grip.

Anyone have this problem? I'm also having a SOLID FI light that will not go off. I"ve disconnected the battery and I've made the plug using the resistors and stuff from radio shack. The light never turned on until I took my air box off to adjust my throttle cable at the throttle body.

Ahhhh,,! this is sooo fustrating. I have a track day coming up and I'd like my bike to be running well.

Please help!

Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just went home and disconnected the battery for about 3 min. Then connected the servo with out the cables attached and the FI light is still solid and the bike still has a jumpy throttle somewhere between 6 and 7000 RPMS if I slowly let off the throttle.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'd start with the servo. I've never put one back on or even taken one off so I don't know how easy or tough it is. The valve is either open or closed I believe so it shouldn't have to be a precision adjustment.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so, I have the servo back on and I'm still getting an erratic throttle on DE-acceleration only. right around 5k or so.. I've tried switching out the ECU but that didnt' change anything. Could it be my TPS ? It's fine to ride on the track with but in traffic it's kind of a slut because I have to gear all the way up to be able to de-accelerate with out the jerking. This has been a problem for me for a while now and I still cant' figure it out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts