Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the difference is between the f4i and RR, sensitivity wise with the throttle and brakes? I sold my 03f4i 2yrs ago and now I want to get back to riding again and this time i want to buy a 07 600rr.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and knowledge!

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Night and day..
I had an 02 F4i and my 04 600rr brakes were better. The 07 brakes are 10 times better being the radial master alone.

Throttle, RR isn't as easy to wheelie as the F4i, F4i is a wheelie machine with stock gearing. Still fast however you look at it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
like tripage said... night and day.

actually, i've spent considerable seat time on an f4i when it was new, 03 600rr, 05 600rr, and 07 600rr - and each iteration felt like a night and day difference compared to the previous model. so the difference between an f4i and a 07+ 600rr is huge to say the least. you can look at numbers and laptimes but you really need to experience it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
G/F just got an F4I Ive ridden it a cupple of times and i just cant get used to it.... I feel like a noob.

Steering, breaking, accelerating, leaning, seating position, rearset hight, throttle response..... Just for starters.

Ill just put it this way if someone took away my RR and all i had was an F4i id probably quit ridding......

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
G/F just got an F4I Ive ridden it a cupple of times and i just cant get used to it.... I feel like a noob.

Steering, breaking, accelerating, leaning, seating position, rearset hight, throttle response..... Just for starters.

Ill just put it this way if someone took away my RR and all i had was an F4i id probably quit ridding......
It cant seriously be that much different ... feel like a noob? Come on!

·
Registered
188 Posts

That's a bit much... as good as the RR is, the F4i isn't that bad. I recently rode an F2 in the canyons and it was a blast to ride. Still way faster than all the noobs up there on their brand new 600s and literbikes.

·
Registered
881 Posts

lol

f4i's are awesome bikes. your skills are seriously lacking if you would throw the towel in if you only had an f4i.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts