Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 cbr600rr with around 14800. just recently i have had a problem with the riding. at low speeds and gears( say im riding in the city with stop and go) when i go to take off and switch gears to speed up some, once i throttle my bike has a strong bogging sounds as if it sounds like a go-cart with a spotty throaty sounds and the bike almost sounds/feels like its going to die. then, after giving it more throttle and slowly gaining speed, the bike all a sudden sounds normal with the smooth throttle sounds and high pitch race bike sound. i do have a k&n air filter and slip on two brother exhaust. the bike shop said the air filter was clean and that the spark plugs looked in good shape. he did recommend i get a power commander. so i did, and had it mapped to my bike and the add on's i have on it. but, im still having the same issues. does anyone know what the problem is and possible solutions. thank you.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Fuel pump and/or rust in the tank.

Test it according to the service manual, replace as needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you just use a flashlight to check for rest in the tank?

I was thinking of using some kind of fuel cleaner to add, thought that might help the issue. Though, not sure if it would matter for my perticular problem

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Can you just use a flashlight to check for rest in the tank?
Yes, but be careful not to drop the light into the tank. Look for floating particles that look like sand or dark areas near the pump or bottom of the tank.

If it is rust, the solution is the same: replace the pump. But you also have to treat the tank at that point; my suggestion then would be buy a good, used tank and pump.

I was thinking of using some kind of fuel cleaner to add, thought that might help the issue. Though, not sure if it would matter for my perticular problem
It's not; once the rust clogs things the pump internals go to hell and replacement is the only cure. Or when the pump goes it simply goes.

First thing you need to to is determine your issue. It might be the pump, it might not, so look up how to test and test it. Search on the forum for fuel pump problems, there are a TON on the 03-06 bikes because they are getting to the age where rust is killing them and they are simply failing from age and use. It's your symptoms almost exactly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, ill check out how to test the fuel pump and get on that.

i was also reading up other possible issues and one was, if letting the bike sit for some time...water could build up in the tank and h2o/moisture could get in the system and make the bike feel like its failing/sluggish, but its just the moisture in the system.
if thats the case, how to you treat an issue like that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts