Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to actually replace the top throttle cable. tried searching but no good threads or explanations. Ive taken the top of the air box off and removed the air filter like some thread said to, but the damn thing doesnt even go through there. Id rather not take apart the whole bike so if i just need to remove the gas tank let me know, thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
You have to take off the entire airbox so that the throttle body is exposed. I just did both throttle cables on mine 2 nights ago. Took about 2 hours. If you are talking about the top cable at the clipon, that is the bottom cable at the throttle body which requires taking off the throttle body to get to the cable. If you has a service manual, it will help to show you where things are and are supposed to go.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info ogre, there isnt much help out there on this subject. I guess if i can quit watching sportscenter ill have a crack at it, i ust dont want to remove the throttle bodies or any of that b.s. anyone else notice the screws that hold the original air filter in are REALLY REALLY tight

·
Registered
986 Posts
i just installed a HRC 1/4 throttle kit in last week, and it was crazy, you have to remove so much to get to the bottle throttle cables

1 - 4 of 4 Posts