Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put a new throttle on my bike and I need like 1/8 in more slack to reconnect cables. I have the adjustment all the way. Is there anywhere else I can get some more throttle slack? Please help

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Firstly, mod or troubleshooting section dude.
Secondly, I don't know of another place where you can adjust the slack apart from the housing on the handlebar.

Are these original throttle cables; were you trying to fot the HRC quick action throttle using the original cables?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
There are adjustments at the throttle body as well, prolly get another little bit from there but since you're putting a Yammy throttle tube on a Suzuki all ets are off with regards to what throttle cable slack is available.

However you do realize you are asking GSXR SPECIFIC questions in a CBR forum, right? A forum for your specific model might get better results from far more people who have actual experience.

Just sayin'........

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know what forum this is haha. Usually someone knows answers.
But anyways, couldn't get enough slack, I was able to get to one throttle buddy but not the other not enough room to work. Will try again in winter time when I have more time. I have a trackday next Sunday and don't want to screw anytjing up...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts