Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I can not got the bottom throttle cable off of my 07, i have tried opening the butter fly valve and can see where the hell that lower cable goes, i have searched the forums and just see some guys using forsnips ( the long needle nose with a bent end ) and I cant get it. what the hell do I need to do to get that lower cable off, its a total pain!!!! please help!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
56 people take a look and no response, y ? because its a PITA and no one want to do it! but i did get some help. so delete this if u guys want i think i got the job at hand done.

·
Registered
397 Posts
every throttle cable i've dealt with goes out like this (cars and bikes)

sometimes the end fits tightly in its hole so you have to wiggle it out a bit more. be patient. don't ruin the throttle cable.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've done throttle cable changes about 4-5 times. I can tell you it's better to just take off the whole airbox and it will go a lot smoother. I can do a cable change in about 45min total now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got her, but now im on the challange to put the air box back in, with the rubber piece that goes to the front and the frame its a real tight fit, gotta mess with it when i get home, the amount of work to do this is huge for ur first time...kinda blows

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
every throttle cable i've dealt with goes out like this (cars and bikes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5cAVjjnWg

sometimes the end fits tightly in its hole so you have to wiggle it out a bit more. be patient. don't ruin the throttle cable.
this video isnt even close the to amount of trouble on the 07-08, its buried deep in-between the throttle bodys, AKA a huge PITA
but thanks for the time on the response.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i have to do mine soon and i saw alot of people were saying just take the throttle bodies off and its easy.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yea take the throttle bodys off its much quicker took me less than 5 mins.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I also took the throttle bodies off.

The throttle bodies are 'stuck' to the engine pretty good. You have to rock them back and forth decently hard to break them loose, so don't feel bad for using force. There are 4 little philips screws that hold bands around the throttle body bases that will need to be undone; you'll want to have a long philips head screwdriver for this (about twice as long as a 'normal' screwdriver).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts