Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to replace my starter/kill switch assembly. I have it all apart but cant remember how the cables re-attach to the cam on the grip. I've tried YouTube/Google etc.. it's all replacing the cables and not just what I need. Any tips/pics or vids would be appreciated

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
there's a push cable and a pull cable. to tell which is which, just grab the barrel end and pull on it. the one that opens the throttles is the pull cable.

the pull cable goes on the cam such that rotating it pulls it, the push cable goes in the other slot

it's a very very simple process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The housing and cables are paired, they both thread into the housing but one is threaded and locked with a nut, (I believe the rear fitting on the housing) ***remember to loosen your minor adjustments before installing the throttle cables.

At the top of the housing screw them in until only a thread or enough for the nut to be tightened. This will ensure your throttle grip won’t be pulled against the handlebar and cause sticking.

When installing your throttle cables they should be zeroed out on the holder and adjustment should be made at the top minor adjusters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts