Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really think I f***** up this time and I think it has to do with being a little too glue happy when I was installing the grips. I just used Renthal grip glue on the bar itself and inside the grip and then I just slid the grip in place and let it dry as per the instructions. First thing in the morning I went to go check on it and the damn throttle wouldnt move; it was stationary just like the clutch side bar.

So I loosened the bar end and it moved ever so slightly but still no where near how it's supposed to be. The throttle just doesn't snap back when you let it go, it just stays in the same position where I leave it. What the hell did I do wrong? :retard:

What I noticed is the white gap between the grip and the throttle body? Is the grip supposed to be flush with no gap? I tried pushing it back all the way but it's not going any further. Could that be the reason why the throttle is sticking in position?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
you have to sand the little ring on the throttle tube by the housing down so the grip can slide over more.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
really? I just dont get how the grip not being fully over the throttle would cause it to get stuck this badly?

And ideas on how I can get this damn thing off now? That metal band around the grip makes it really hard.

edit: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=2875239&postcount=7

This guy still has the white gap and no stuck throttle...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
really? I just dont get how the grip not being fully over the throttle would cause it to get stuck this badly?

And ideas on how I can get this damn thing off now? That metal band around the grip makes it really hard.

edit: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=2875239&postcount=7

This guy still has the white gap and no stuck throttle...

the rubber is sticking to the bar end

you need to slide the grip on further, trust me, i dealt with the same thing.
infact, my barend moves a bit, i can use it as a throttle assist on long rides ;)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that, but even with the barend OFF the throttle gets stuck in position...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I understand that, but even with the barend OFF the throttle gets stuck in position...
oh, well, then you buggered something up ;)

use grip glue? get some in the housing or something?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
fawk...Gonna take it to the shop tomorrow.

Yea I did use grip glue. It seems like the white plastic throttle tube gets stuck and doesn't move freely with the inner black tube..

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
i never filed mine down and it works fine donno may be on 07 u have to...

my thought he got some glue between the throttle tube and the clip on.

my 2cents

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shiet I feel like I was affected by the Toyota recall for faulty accelerators lol

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ yep definitely too much glue. Will inspect it tomorrow along with a few .neters who offered to help :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
i never filed mine down and it works fine donno may be on 07 u have to...

my thought he got some glue between the throttle tube and the clip on.

my 2cents
+1 ^

You said:
I just used Renthal grip glue on the bar itself and inside the grip and then I just slid the grip in place and let it dry as per the instructions.
and:

Yea I did use grip glue. It seems like the white plastic throttle tube gets stuck and doesn't move freely with the inner black tube..
I don't have the D3's but I have Rizoma's. I'm pretty sure the install would be similar if not the same.

I don't fully remember the complete process I did, however I remember only using glue to adhere the grip to the white throttle body tube.

In the first quote you mention using glue on the bar itself, do you mean you put glue on the clip-on then slid the throttle body tube over top? If you did, that's probably it.

And in your second quote when you mention the "inner black tube" is that your clip-on?

That all being said, I'm going by memory from when I installed my Rizoma's and the D3's could be completely different so in either case I may have forgotten something or I don't know what I'm talking about.

Regardless, GL

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
problem solved :shakehand

Ride red :banger::banger::banger:

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
damn, meeting of the reds

was it glue in the grip? dont leave us hanging!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
it was some very small ammount of glue that got stuck in betweek the throttle tube and the clip on, water and wd 40 cleaned it all out, we put it back together and all good :D

and yes meeting of the RED :D :D

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
^^ 6 Redisfaster... There's another dude in uniondale aswel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts